NeoTract Announces Multiple Data Presentations from Studies of UroLift® System Treatment for Enlarged Prostate at the World Congress of Endourology
Chief Technical Officer Ted Lamson to Receive Prestigious Industry Award for Innovation
WAYNE, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- NeoTract, a wholly owned subsidiary of Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE:TFX) focused on addressing unmet needs in the field of urology, today announced that new clinical data from numerous studies of the UroLift® System for patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) will be presented at the 36th World Congress of Endourology (WCE) 2018 Annual Conference taking place September 20-23 in Paris.
The company also announced that co-founder and chief technical officer, Ted Lamson, Ph.D., co-inventor of the UroLift System, will be receiving the 2018 Industry Award for Innovations in Endourological Instrumentation from the Endourological Society. The award will be presented during the Plenary Session by Eduardo Mazzucchi, M.D., Chairman of the Endourological Society, on September 23 at 11:20 a.m. in Amphitheatre Bleu.
“I am honored to be recognized by the Endourological Society for the 2018 Industry Award,” said Dr. Lamson. “It is incredibly gratifying to have played a role in helping tens of thousands of patients achieve an improved quality of life free from the burdensome symptoms of BPH. While I am delighted to accept this honor, I do so on behalf of the hundreds of employees, physicians and practices that have played key roles in bringing the UroLift System treatment into the BPH standard of care.”
Multiple presentations focus on the real-world clinical setting, evaluating the clinical and health economic performance of the UroLift System treatment for patients with BPH. Additionally, a moderated BPH Session and Semi-Live Surgery will be presented on Sunday, September 23 in Amphitheatre Bleu.
WCE presentations on the UroLift System include (all times local):
Friday, September 21
- “UroLift in the Management of Acute Urinary Retention” will be presented by Ashok Kar, M.D., Affiliated Urologists of Orange County, at 10:00 a.m.
- “Predictors of Response to the Prostatic Urethral Lift (PUL) Treatment” will be presented by Claus Roehrborn, M.D., University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, at 2:00 p.m.
- “Real World Experience with the Prostatic Urethral Lift” will be presented by Mark Rochester, M.D., Norwich University Hospital, at 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 22
- “Early Experience with UroLift for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia in an Australian Public Hospital” will be presented by Justin Chee, M.D., Western Health, Melbourne, at 8:30 a.m.
- “First Time, Real-World Experience with the UroLift Device Closely Mimics the LIFT Trial Data: A Single Surgeon Experience” will be presented by Campbell Bryson, M.D., Yale New Haven Hospital, at 8:30 a.m.
- “Does Size Matter? Performance of Prostatic Urethral Lift in Men with Prostate Volumes < 30 grams and > 80 grams” to be presented by Greg McMahon, M.D., Rowan University of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, at 8:30 a.m.
Sunday, September 23
- “Transforming BPH Surgical Care to an Ambulatory Setting - What are the Gains and Losses?” will be presented by Oliver Kayes, M.D., Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, at 10 a.m.
- “Cost Reductions with Prostatic Urethral Lift for BPH” will be presented by Dr. Kayes at 10 a.m.
- “Plenary BPH Session - Prostatic Urethral Lift Procedure” will be presented by Christopher Netsch, M.D., Asklepios Klinik Barmbek, Hamburg, and moderated by Gopal Badlani, M.D., Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, at 11:35 a.m. in Amphitheatre Bleu.
- “Semi-Live Surgery: Prostatic Urethral Lift” with surgeon Gregoire Robert, M.D., Ph.D., Bordeaux University Hospital, and moderated by Dr. Badlani and Alexey Martov, M.D., Ph.D., Federal Medical-Biological Agency of Russian Federation State Institute of Continuous Medical Education, at 1:50 p.m. in Amphitheatre Bleu.
About the UroLift System
The FDA-cleared UroLift System is a proven, minimally invasive technology for treating lower urinary tract symptoms due to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The UroLift permanent implants, delivered during a minimally invasive transurethral outpatient procedure, relieve prostate obstruction and open the urethra directly without cutting, heating, or removing prostate tissue. Clinical data from a pivotal 206-patient randomized controlled study showed that patients with enlarged prostate receiving UroLift implants reported rapid and durable symptomatic and urinary flow rate improvement without compromising sexual function. Patients also experienced a significant improvement in quality of life. Nearly 70,000 men have been treated with the UroLift System. Most common adverse events reported include hematuria, dysuria, micturition urgency, pelvic pain, and urge incontinence. Most symptoms were mild to moderate in severity and resolved within two to four weeks after the procedure. The UroLift System Prostatic Urethral Lift procedure is recommended for the treatment of BPH in both the American Urological Association and European Association of Urology clinical guidelines. The UroLift System is available in the U.S., Europe, Australia, Canada, Mexico and South Korea. Learn more at www.UroLift.com.
About NeoTract | Teleflex Interventional Urology
A wholly owned subsidiary of Teleflex Incorporated, the NeoTract Interventional Urology Business Unit is dedicated to developing innovative, minimally invasive and clinically effective devices that address unmet needs in the field of urology. Our initial focus is on improving the standard of care for patients with BPH using the UroLift System, a minimally invasive permanent implant system that treats symptoms while preserving normal sexual function. Learn more at www.NeoTract.com.
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit www.teleflex.com.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rusch®, UroLift® and Weck® – trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.
MAC00843-01 Rev A
For Teleflex Incorporated:
Jake Elguicze, 610-948-2836
Treasurer and Vice President, Investor Relations
Nicole Osmer, 650-454-0505
Source: Teleflex Incorporated