MRC Technology Supports Parkinson's UK Through its Research Grant Terms Approval Service
Published: Nov 15, 2012
Through its review service, MRC Technology performed an overview of Parkinson’s UK’s intellectual property governance and gave its stamp of approval to the charity’s research grant terms and conditions, confirming that they are of the highest standard. This approval is part of an ongoing programme to help Parkinson’s UK maximise the impact of its research.
Organisations that meet the approval criteria display the MRC Technology approval mark.
“We have been approached by both universities and health research charities and were very pleased to be able to offer our services to Parkinson’s UK. Such organisations need to ensure that the results of their funded research are protected and exploited for the advancement of human health. We believe the way to effectively achieve this is by partnering with those that can help – our grant terms approval process facilitates this and promotes positive outcome for patients and researchers,” commented Mike Johnson, Director of Corporate Partnerships, MRC Technology.
Bunia Gorelick, Research Grants Manager. Parkinson’s UK commented, “We value the input MRC Technology has given, and receiving this endorsement from a trusted technology transfer organisation gives Parkinson’s UK confidence that research funded by our organisation will have the greatest impact possible on those affected by the condition in the future.”
MRC Technology plans to continue to expand the new approval service to work with a wide range of medical research charities and organisations, ultimately resulting in more efficient translation of research into real patient benefit. For more information about the scheme please contact Mike Johnson on 020 7391 2825.
Press contact information:
Medical Research Council Technology (MRCT):
Marketing & Communications Officer
Phone: +44 (0)20 7391 2798
Phone: +44 (0) 7771 730919
About MRC Technology
MRC Technology (www.mrctechnology.org) is a technology transfer company responsible for adding commercial value to cutting edge scientific discoveries through strategic patent protection, creative licensing of intellectual property (IP), partnered research or further scientific development.
As well as offering technology transfer services to the UK’s Medical Research Council the Company has recently broadened its activity to include helping other charitable and academic organisations (such as AICR) with IP management and commercial development of healthcare-related science, thus bringing valuable income back to the organisations to help fund further research.
MRC Technology also has small molecule drug discovery and therapeutic antibody facilities, providing lead-stage therapeutic assets to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
MRC Technology’s approval mark (http://www.mrctechnology.org/collaborations/approval-mark):
About Parkinson’s UK
• Parkinson's UK (www.parkinsons.org.uk) is the leading Parkinson's research and support charity in the United Kingdom.
• The charity aims to improve the quality of life for people affected by Parkinson's and find a cure for the condition.
• Parkinson's UK is the largest charity funder of research into Parkinson's disease in the UK; it funds research aimed at finding better treatments and improving the understanding of Parkinson's and its causes.
• The charity raises money through donations, legacies, community fundraising, events and corporate partnerships.
• The charity offers support and information to people affected by Parkinson's, their families and carers through a network of 350 local groups across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.