Mettler-Toledo Presents Webinar on Minimizing Out-of-Specification Errors
Published: Apr 23, 2013
OOS errors are a major concern within analytical and QA/QC laboratories in the pharmaceutical industry because of the time and resources to investigate the source of the problem. Fifty percent of OOS errors can be attributed to either sample-preparation steps or operator error. Confidence in analytical results begins with accurate weighing because errors in the first step will have a carryover effect. Determining the risk within a process, respecting the minimum weight, and applying the appropriate safety factor during the weighing step can address most of the weighing errors. Error-prone manual steps, undertaken during preparation of a specific concentration of solution, especially those involving volumetric glassware, can easily be replaced by the more accurate gravimetric equivalent. In addition, automation has the potential to eliminate user variability.
This 60-minute webinar will explain how to use an automated gravimetric approach to improve sample-preparation workflows by offering insight from leading industry experts, including Dr. Charles Ray, former Associate Director of Analytical R&D at Bristol-Myers Squibb, who will share his practical experience in managing analytical workflows.
Key Learning Objectives
1. Learn how to identify and address the potential errors in manual weighing and sample preparation steps in order to avoid out-of-specification results
2. Understand how to use a risk-based approach to have confidence in your weighing results
3. Discover how automated gravimetric methods reduce the variability and number of steps in the sample preparation process, as well as providing up to 90% substance savings.
Who Should Attend?
• QA/QC Managers, Directors and Department Heads and Quality Consultants
• Analytical Laboratory Managers, Directors and Department Heads
• Compliance Managers, Regulatory Affairs, Global Metrology Managers
• GMP and CMC Consultants, GLP Auditors and Consultants
• Laboratory Managers and Supervisors, Production Managers
Registration and Information
This webinar will be presented on Wednesday, May 22 at 11:00AM EST. Registration is free and participants can register at www.mt.com/Lab-minimize-OOS.
About METTLER TOLEDO
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global manufacturer of precision instruments. The Company is the world’s largest manufacturer and marketer of weighing instruments for use in laboratory, industrial and food retailing applications. The Company also holds top-three market positions in several related analytical instruments markets and is a leading provider of automated chemistry systems used in drug and chemical compound discovery and development.
Additional information about METTLER TOLEDO can be found at www.mt.com/lab.