Merrimack Reports Second Quarter 2016 Financial Results
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Aug. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: MACK) today announced its second quarter 2016 financial results. Merrimack will host a live conference call and webcast today, Thursday, August 4 at 4:30 p.m., Eastern time, to provide an update on Merrimack's progress as well as a summary of these results.
Investors and the general public are invited to listen to the call by dialing (877) 564-1301 (domestic) or (224) 357-2394 (international) five minutes prior to the start of the call and providing the passcode 38883620. A listen-only webcast of the call can be accessed in the Investors section of Merrimack's website, investors.merrimack.com, and a replay of the call will be archived there for six weeks following the call.
ONIVYDE® (irinotecan liposome injection) Update
ONIVYDE updates include:
- Receipt of positive opinion from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency for ONIVYDE in combination with fluorouracil (5-FU) and leucovorin for the treatment of patients with metastatic adenocarcinoma of the pancreas who have progressed following treatment with gemcitabine-based therapy. The CHMP's positive opinion for ONIVYDE will now be reviewed by the European Commission for marketing authorization;
- Presentation of new analyses of the Phase 3 NAPOLI-1 data showing patients treated with the ONIVYDE regimen maintained similar baseline quality of life at 12 weeks despite the addition of a second chemotherapeutic agent when compared to 5-FU and leucovorin alone at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) 18th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer; and
- Recognition of $14.8 million of gross product revenues and $12.9 million of net product revenues from U.S. commercial sales of ONIVYDE for the second quarter of 2016. This is compared to $10.0 million of net product revenues for the first quarter of 2016, which represents an increase of $2.9 million, or 29%, in net product revenues over the prior quarter.
Key Recent Events
Merrimack's key recent events include:
- Receipt of Fast Track designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for seribantumab (also known as MM-121) for development in patients with heregulin-positive, locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer whose disease has progressed following immunotherapy;
- Presentation of an expanded overall survival analysis from the seribantumab Phase 2 breast cancer study indicating that seribantumab decreased risk of death by more than 50% in HER2-negative, hormone receptor positive breast cancer patients at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Precision Medicine Series;
- Initiation of a Phase 1 clinical study of MM-151 in combination with ONIVYDE plus 5-FU and leucovorin in patients with RAS wild-type metastatic colorectal cancer;
- Initiation of a leading-edge biomarker-selected, multi-arm Phase 1 clinical study in metastatic colorectal, non-small cell lung, and head and neck cancers to evaluate the safety and tolerability of MM-151 in combination with seribantumab in patients with heregulin positive tumors, MM-151 in combination with MM-141 in patients with IGF-1-positive tumors, and MM-151 in combination with a MEK inhibitor (trametinib) in patients with KRAS/NRAS-mutant tumors;
- Presentation of clinical data on multiple therapeutic candidates from Merrimack's antibody engineering and antibody-directed nanotherapeutic (ADN) technology platforms at the 2016 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting, including the final analysis from the Phase 1 clinical study of MM-151 showing clinical activity in multiple solid tumor types, including colorectal cancer; and
- Presentation of Merrimack's research and development strategy at its 2016 Investor Day, including updates on ONIVYDE and MM-151 development,
To read full press release, please click here.