MedImmune to Present Nine Abstracts Related to Influenza Vaccination at First Online National Immunization Conference
GAITHERSBURG, Md., March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MedImmune announced today it will present nine abstracts at the National Immunization Conference Online (NIC Online), from March 26 28, 2012. This is the first virtual conference, where presenters and attendees will participate in live or archived sessions entirely online.
MedImmune is presenting new research on pediatric influenza vaccination and the safety and efficacy of live attenuated influenza vaccine. This research reinforces MedImmune's commitment to influenza prevention. With the conference being held online for the first time, MedImmune will share its findings through a widely accessible format to a broader medical audience.
"We believe the data being presented at NIC Online will help enhance the medical community's understanding of influenza vaccine safety and efficacy and help identify ways to potentially increase U.S. influenza vaccination rates," said Chris Ambrose, M.D., MedImmune's Senior Director of Medical & Scientific Affairs.
For more information on this virtual conference and how to get access, visit the NIC web site: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/events/nic/default.htm. The conference agenda is available at http://cdc.confex.com/cdc/nic2012/webprogram/meeting.html.
MedImmune abstracts to be presented at NIC Online include:
- A Post-licensure Evaluation of the Safety of Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine (LAIV) in Children 2 to 4 Years of Age.Baxter R, et al. March 26, 2012. Online Poster Presentation
- A Post-licensure Evaluation of the Safety of Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine (LAIV) in U.S. Children 5 to 17 Years of Age.Baxter R, et al. March 26, 2012. Online Poster Presentation
- Does Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine (LAIV) Reduce All-Cause Acute Otitis Media in Children?Heikkenin T, et al. March 26, 2012. Online Poster Presentation
- Do Influenza Illness Symptoms Differ Among Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Children?Ambrose CS, et al. March 26, 2012. Online Poster Presentation
- Improved Timing of Availability and Administration of Influenza Vaccine Through the Vaccines for Children Program From 2007 to 2011.Ambrose CS, et al. March 26, 2012. Online Poster Presentation
- Interoffice Variability in the Delivery of Influenza Vaccine by US Pediatric Offices. Toback SL,et al. March 26, 2012. Online Poster Presentation
- Meta-Analysis of the Efficacy of Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine (LAIV) in Children 2 Through 17 Years of Age. Ambrose CS, et al. March 26, 2012. Online Poster Presentation
- Pediatric Influenza Vaccination by Office-Based Pediatricians and Family Physicians During the 20102011 Influenza Season.Toback SL,et al. March 26, 2012. Online Poster Presentation
- Smaller Pediatric Offices Have Higher In-Office Influenza Vaccination Rates. Toback SL,et al. March 26, 2012. Online Poster Presentation
MedImmune, the global biologics arm for AstraZeneca PLC, has approximately 3,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. For more information, visit MedImmune's website at http://www.medimmune.com/