Joslin Diabetes Center Joins Oracle Health Sciences Network To Expand Diabetes Research Collaboration
Published: Mar 25, 2014
BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - March 25, 2014) -
Oracle Press Room
Focused on expanding its clinical trial research capabilities, Joslin Diabetes Center, one of the world's largest diabetes research, clinical care and education organizations, has joined Oracle Health Sciences Network. The center joins a growing list of healthcare provider participants using Oracle Health Sciences Network to expand clinical trial research for its patients through real-time collaboration with the industry.
- Joslin Diabetes Center, one of the world's largest diabetes research, clinical care and education organizations and an affiliate of Harvard Medical School, has joined Oracle Health Sciences Network to expand its diabetes care offerings and grow its clinical research program.
- By joining the network, Joslin will draw from a wide pool of clinical data to accelerate and expand its research initiatives and support industry collaboration.
- Joslin will upload authorized de-identified clinical data into its own, secure environment within the Oracle Health Sciences Network cloud to support its research initiatives.
- Pharmaceutical companies and clinical trial sponsors will also benefit from the de-identified data by streamlining the process to identify suitable patients for enrollment in clinical trials, advancing research and improving Joslin's ability to collaborate with the health sciences community beyond its walls -- ultimately accelerating the development of better treatment protocols.
- Oracle Health Sciences Network enables healthcare providers and research institutions to collaborate more efficiently with life sciences and healthcare organizations. It provides capabilities for protocol design as well as patient recruitment and enables participants to work together for system-wide efficiencies in developing new therapies.
- "At Joslin, our goal is to improve diabetes care; and research is an important component of that work. To optimize research productivity and insight today, no organization can go it alone -- collaboration is essential to success," said John Brooks, president and CEO, Joslin Diabetes Center. "Oracle Health Sciences Network will provide a secure environment to extend access to critical data and foster collaboration across the health sciences industry."
- "Oracle Health Sciences Network plays a vital role in facilitating secondary use of health information and encouraging clinical research collaboration," said Jonathan Sheldon, global vice president, Oracle Health Sciences. "We welcome Joslin to our rapidly growing network and look forward to helping to support the center's goal of advancing diabetes treatments and patient care."
- Oracle in Health Sciences
- Oracle Health Sciences Network
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Health Sciences Community on Facebook
- Oracle Health Sciences on YouTube
- Oracle Unveils Oracle Health Sciences Network
About Oracle Health Sciences
At Oracle, we believe that a more predictive, preventive, personalized and participatory system will help improve human health. We can help accelerate this journey to personalized medicine through technology, data and insights. Oracle's solutions support industry initiatives to improve care quality and outcomes, reduce costs, and speed time to market for new treatments, therapies and devices. Oracle Health Sciences delivers comprehensive business applications, plus database, middleware, and hardware solutions for life sciences and healthcare companies and institutions worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/health-sciences/index.html.
About Oracle Industry Connect
Oracle Industry Connect, taking place in Boston March 25-26, 2014, brings industry leaders together to share deep domain expertise, insights and industry-specific best practices. This leadership event features customer-led content including visionary keynotes, executive-level networking and in-depth case studies designed to help organizations meet industry-specific challenges. For more information, please visit www.oracleindustryconnect.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
O'Keeffe & Company
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.