Healthier Healing for Hip Resurfacing - ICAP Ocean Tomo Announces Auction of an Advanced Hip Cap for Electromagnetic Tissue Stimulation by Neue Magnetodyn
Published: Mar 15, 2011
CHICAGO, March 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Developed by Neue Magnetodyn and represented by ICAP Ocean Tomo, this technology discloses an advanced hip cap for electromagnetic tissue stimulation. The assets in this portfolio will be auctioned off at ICAP Ocean Tomo's Spring 2011 Live IP Auction on March 31, 2011 in New York City.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent discloses the following:
- An advanced hip implant that facilitates fast tissue growth using electrical stimulation. This mitigates the risk of degeneration and necrosis.
- The free end of the shaft of a standard hip cap encapsulates a pick-up coil, electrically coupled with the inner wall of the shaft, collectively forming an electrode.
- A low frequency alternating current is induced in the pick-up coil to stimulate tissue growth and maintain the vitality of the bone covered by the cap.
- By promoting angiogenesis and intensive revascularization of the femur neck, electromagnetic osteosti repeated stimulation "on demand" is possible over the lifetime of the implantmulation which restores the vitality of existing bone stock, and prolongs the life of the implant.
- Repeated stimulation "on demand" is possible over the lifetime of the implant.
- In the case of hip resurfacing, the active device stimulates the bone under the cap and extends the effective life of the prosthesis before replacement needs to be considered.
- This device actively addresses a potential problem with hip resurfacing the inherent risk of necrosis of the head of the femur.
- Several CE certified products using this Magnetodyn technology are in clinical use.
This lot should be of interest to prosthetic device manufacturers, healthcare service providers, and entities manufacturing biomaterials and orthopedic surgery devices. The buyer will acquire a world-wide monopolistic position in the application of the technology in the field of hip resurfacing
- Growing at an 8% CAGR, the global hip and knee implants market is forecasted to reach $21.7 billion by 2016, of this, the hip implant market is expected to be worth $8.7 billion.(1)
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world's premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo