Global Medical Devices and Diagnostics Market to Grow at a 4.6% Real Annual Rate Through 2022 to $517 Billion, According to New Report Distributed by Life Science Intelligence
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The new 2018 Opportunities in Global Medical Devices and Diagnostics (MD&D) Report, which incorporates a detailed analysis of H1 2018 company data, forecasts a greater than $100 billion increase in the global MD&D market from 2017 through 2022, a more promising outlook that includes accelerating gains in selected segments. At a macro level, global uncertainty over economic and political developments has stabilized, facilitating investments. At a market level, pricing constraints and competition from local and regional manufacturers will remain challenges for leading multinational firms; nevertheless, global aging, the rising prevalence of obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease, and the need to meet the growing health care demands of economically productive urban classes in middle-income and developing nations will drive demand for services and products. In addition to procedure-intensive technologies, these gains will include hearing instruments, dental, and ophthalmic surgery products as these vastly underserved global markets expand into middle-income and emerging economies.
The 2018 Global MD&D report encompasses:
- A comprehensive analysis of the global medical devices & diagnostics industry;
- 280 exhibits, the vast majority providing econometrically modeled market forecasts and supplier share data;
- Geographic and competitive assessments for 35 technology segments;
- Current and forecast markets for 140 individual products;
- Current and forecast sales for 10 major national and regional markets and for industrialized versus emerging markets;
- Analyses of 13 major clinical applications for MD&D technologies and their estimated market sizes;
- Detailed profiles of the 30 largest suppliers to the MD&D market, including sales data, shares of key markets, strategic initiatives, and analysis of key M&A activity.
- More here.
Companies covered: Abbott, Allergan, Baxter, Becton, Dickinson & Company, Boston Scientific, B. Braun Melsungen, Canon Medical Systems, Cardinal Health, Danaher, Dentsply, Edwards Lifesciences, Fresenius, General Electric Health Care, Getinge, Hologic, Intuitive Surgical, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, 3M, Novartis, Olympus, Roche, Philips Healthcare, Siemens Healthineers, Smith & Nephew, Sonova, Stryker, Terumo, Varian, Zimmer.
Additional details at: Opportunities in Global Medical Devices and Diagnostics (MD&D) Report
About Life Science Intelligence (LSI)
LSI is the exclusive distributor of HRI’s annually released Opportunities in Global Medical Devices and Diagnostics Report. LSI distributes Informa’s Meddevicetracker database, publishes the Global Surgical Procedure Volumes Database, and performs customized market intelligence.
About Health Research International (HRI)
HRI has more than 45 years of experience analyzing and forecasting global MD&D markets. This particular report, which is based on meticulous analysis of company reporting and has been published annually since 2006, has become a trusted resource for MD&D companies, investment firms, and OEM suppliers seeking to optimize their performance in this challenging industry.
Source: Life Science Intelligence