Elsevier, Inc. To Showcase Solutions For 'Empowering Knowledge, Enabling Action' At HIMSS16
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, will showcase its suite of solutions that help improve clinical outcomes and empower clinicians and patients while driving administrative excellence and favorable financial outcomes at booth #3039 at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) 2016 annual meeting in Las Vegas, NV, February 29 - March 4.
Representatives from Elsevier Clinical Solutions will be available to discuss trends and topics in healthcare IT, such as patient engagement, clinical decision support (CDS), functional interoperability and improving clinical outcomes.
"Significant events in healthcare this past year have impacted areas such as meaningful use, CDS, interoperability, and patient engagement, presenting opportunities for Elsevier to address the needs of care providers and patients," said Jay Katzen, President, Elsevier Clinical Solutions. "We believe that working with our customers to incorporate best practices and evidence-based, trusted content into clinical workflows and advancing the patient experience can help organizations reduce variations in care, empower and engage patients, promote top-of-license practice, optimize IT investments and drive operational efficiencies."
At HIMSS16, Elsevier will offer several practical presentations at the Elsevier booth from noted healthcare reform experts, including (all times below are PST):
- Peter Edelstein, MD, FACS, FASCRS, Chief Medical Officer, Elsevier Clinical Solutions, will present on two topics:
- "CDS Strategy: Pushing and Pulling Your Providers to the Top" at 10 am, Tuesday, March 1, and 10 am, Thursday, March 3.
- "Patient Engagement as a Team Sport: The Business and Clinical Cases for Patient Engagement," at 10 am, Wednesday, March 2, and 11 am, Thursday, March 3.
- Jonathan Teich, MD, PhD, FHIMSS, ACMI Fellow, Chief Medical Informatics Officer, Elsevier Clinical Solutions, will present "From Asthma to Zika: Commanding a Suite of Information Tools to Solve Big Problems," at 11 am and 3 pm PST, Wednesday, March 2.
- Michelle Troseth, MSN, RN, DPNAP, FAAN, Chief Professional Practice Officer, Elsevier Clinical Solutions, will present, "How Practice Interoperability Helps to Achieve an Integrated Health System," at 3:30 pm, Tuesday, March 1, and at 2 pm, Wednesday, March 2.
- Victoria Tiase, MSN, RN-BC, Informatics Strategy at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, will discuss the results of her recent project study, "Nurses Perceptions of the Use of HIT Tools for Patient and Family Engagement," at 2 pm, Tuesday, March 1, and at 4 pm, Wednesday, March 2. As an Alliance for Nursing Informatics (ANI) Emerging Leader, Tiase investigated nursing workflows and nurses' readiness to support the use of health information technology tools by patients and families.
- Brian Dixon, PhD, FHIMSS, Assistant Professor at the Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health, Indiana University, and Research Scientist, Center for Biomedical Informatics, Regenstrief Institute, will speak on "What it Takes to Scale Health Information Exchange Nationally and Globally" at 11 am, Tuesday, March 1. He will also reference his new book, Health Information Exchange: Navigating and Managing a Network of Health Information Systems. Dr. Dixon's research focuses on applying information methods and tools to improve population health in clinical and public health organizations. Dr. Dixon is also speaking during HIMSS16 on "Automated Case Reporting for Population Health."
For the second year in a row, Elsevier Clinical Solutions is the red carpet sponsor of HIStalkapalooza, the annual event by HIStalk.
For more information on Elsevier HIMSS activities, log on to the Elsevier Clinical Solutions HIMSS16 website.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions - among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey - and publishes more than 2,500 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and more than 33,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works. Elsevier is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
Director, Corporate Relations