Elekta To Highlight MOSAIQ Oncology Analytics, A Game-Changing Solution For Managing The Oncology Treatment Pathway, At ASTRO Annual Meeting
Published: Sep 20, 2017
SAN DIEGO, September 18, 2017 Elekta (EKTA-B.ST) will highlight its proprietary MOSAIQ® Oncology Analytics (MOA) software solution at the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Annual Meeting, September 24-27 in San Diego. MOA maximizes an EHR's potential to ensure clinics run at peak efficiency. MOA works seamlessly with single and multiple MOSAIQ® systems, either with Elekta Cloud Solutions or on premises, providing the actionable practice information needed to quickly assess and adapt to issues affecting quality of care, productivity and cost.
"Elekta software specialists work closely with our customers to tailor and validate the MOA dashboard to their needs," said Andrew Wilson, Elekta's Vice President of Global Marketing for Software Solutions. "We implement each MOA package so that it automatically pulls all the data that a specific client requires. This allows our customers to use MOA as a powerful tool for monitoring patient demographics and referral patterns, ensuring that they are serving specific communities in the best way possible across multiple sites based on patients' diagnostic and geographic needs. MOA also enables customers to manage data from the MOA dashboards together with key decision makers within their institution."
Other key benefits of MOSAIQ Oncology Analytics include:
- Critical actionable information to help improve care for cancer patients, ensuring timely access to treatment by reducing wait times, eliminating bottlenecks and improving workflows.
- Efficient analysis of treatment patterns based on a variety of diagnostic indicators. These analyses readily identify trends and best practices that have the potential to improve patient outcomes. Periodic reviews of planned treatment doses, treatment plan variations, toxicity and survival help to enhance treatment efficacy.
"Innovation is at the center of everything Elekta does. We continue to transform oncology management with high-quality, advanced technologies that enhance performance, workflow and patient care. Our delivery systems are backed by our multidisciplinary approach to open-system digital solutions, which manage clinical, operational and financial data - all in one place," said Richard Hausmann, PhD, Elekta's President and CEO. "And as a leader in the oncology digital ecosystem, we are focused on open-architecture networking, cloud computing, big data management, and next-generation workflow automations to improve effectiveness and outcomes for patients."
ASTRO attendees are invited to visit Elekta booth #1917 to learn more about our new innovations and advanced technologies, including:
- Magnetic resonance/radiation therapy (MR/RT), an exciting new approach to radiation therapy in which MRI images are captured either prior to or during the fraction being delivered. Visualization of tumor position, shape, biology and surrounding tissue during radiation delivery may enable targeted adaption of the cancer treatment in real time, enabling critical advances in safety and efficacy. New technology will be presented that provides clinicians the ability to 'see while you treat' may enable reductions in treatment margins around the tumor and thereby spare more healthy tissue. It may also allow clinicians to deliver a higher dose of radiation per fraction to the tumor, which may improve cancer treatment regimens and the efficiency of delivering radiation oncology care.
- Leksell Gamma Knife® Icon™, which offers HD motion management and stereotactic CBCT imaging allowing for precision intracranial radiosurgery with online dose adaptation, while also supporting instantaneous clinical decision-making and flexibility for frame-based and frameless immobilization.
- High definition dynamic radiosurgery (HDRS), a unique capability leveraging the core strengths of Versa HD™ linear accelerator and Monaco® treatment planning system. Versa HD combines HDRS treatment capabilities and precision radiotherapy in a single platform, offering precision and speed to deliver SRS and SBRT treatments throughout the body in standard treatment time slots. Monaco powers more efficient high definition planning with true Monte Carlo accuracy and advanced multi-criterial optimization.
- Elekta's image-guided adaptive brachytherapy applicators and unified treatment planning and delivery platforms. Venezia™, a new gynecologic brachytherapy applicator designed to treat advanced cervical cancer, including disease with extra-cervical spread such as the parametrium and vagina.
Additional Elekta activities
- The Annual Elekta User Meeting (EUM) will be devoted to "Achieving greater focus: the latest innovations in precision radiotherapy," and will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, September 23 at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront. Guy Kawasaki, author, Silicon Valley's chief evangelist and one of Apple's original employees will deliver the keynote address. Customers using any Elekta solution are welcome to participate in this free educational opportunity. Click here learn more about the EUM.
- "A Focus on MR Radiation Therapy" will be the subject of a complimentary educational program presented 7 p.m. to midnight on September 25 at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront. The program will comprise presentations on the use of MR in radiation therapy, followed by food and drinks. Click here for additional information about this event.
- MOSAIQ Training: "MOSAIQ Reporting" is a five-day workshop that will help participants develop data management, retrieval and report writing skills for analysis of departmental performance and quality outcomes within MOSAIQ systems. Courses include introductory, intermediate and advanced levels. Training sessions will be held September 18-22 at the MicroTek San Diego Training Center. Click here for additional information about this event.
- Elekta's investor meeting will be held Monday, September 25 at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront. Richard Hausmann and other members of the management team will provide a company update. Visit www.elekta.com/investors to watch live.
- Elekta is a Premier Corporate sponsor of the 2017 American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) Radiation Therapy Conference and will be at booth #1 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. Dee Mathieson, Elekta's Senior Vice President, Treatment Management Portfolio, Innovation, will be speaking on behalf of Elekta at the ASRT General Session on Sunday, September 24, also at the Manchester Grand Hyatt.
- Elekta supports the Society for Radiation Oncology Administrators (SROA) as a Titanium sponsor and will exhibit at the SROA 34th Annual Meeting at the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, booth #19. In addition, Elektais sponsoring the SROA President's Party Tuesday, September 26 at the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego.
Follow the Elekta Twitter handle, @Elekta, for updates from the ASTRO show floor.
For further information, please contact:
Gert van Santen, Corporate Communications, Elekta AB
Tel: +31-653-561-242, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Time zone: CET: Central European Time
Raven Canzeri, Global Public Relations, Elekta
Tel: +1-770-670-2524, e-mail: email@example.com
Time zone: ET: Eastern Time
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com