Dotmatics Launches New Release of Vortex
Published: Mar 05, 2018
"Bioinformaticians can be scarce and expensive assets in today's scientific organizations, yet not all biologics research requires their expertise," said Andrew LeBeau, PhD, Dotmatics senior manager of biologics marketing. "This enhanced version of Vortex gives biologists and other researchers ready access to commercial grade, scientifically aware informatics tools specifically designed to support the scientific data types involved in biologics discovery. Ultimately, this makes research easier for biologists and allows bioinformaticians to spend their time on highly specialized analyses and the development of new algorithms valuable to scientific organizations."
"Vortex for Bioinformatics provides a rich set of tools for biologics research within an integrated environment, giving researchers the ability to handle high data volumes, potentially aggregated from multiple sources, along with the necessary analytical and visualization capabilities that allow them to advance their scientific experiments," said Tom Oldfield, PhD, Dotmatics principal software architect. "In addition, the latest version of Vortex offers new support for antibody discovery programs that focus on creating novel monoclonal antibodies and other antibody-derived or related molecules to solve some of the biggest challenges in healthcare, agbio and other industries."
Available March, 2018, Vortex for Bioinformatics is a set of analytical tools and visualization capabilities for biological information discovery that can be used for pure biology research but also integrates with the existing cheminformatics features of Vortex. The tools include analysis and visualization methods for many different bio-science data types, with a particular focus on sequence data, and are specifically designed to work with very large data volumes, such as millions of DNA, RNA or peptide/protein sequences. Vortex for Bioinformatics complements the entire Dotmatics Suite, including Bioregister, Studies Notebook and Studies.
Some of the many new Vortex features include:
- Manual sequence editing capabilities to design and implement mutations, and to create insertions and deletions, enhancing the use of Vortex for designing variant antibodies and other sequence-based entities
- Significant extension of sequence annotation capabilities, allowing multiple and overlapping annotation to be added manually and algorithmically
- Sequence search capabilities that allow users to quickly navigate sequences to find occurrences of important residues and sequence motifs
- Sequence numbering enhancements to support antibody discovery
- Complementary Determining Region (CDR) alignment, annotation and coloring capabilities that allow easier analysis of relative antibody function
Customers with an existing license to Vortex may access the latest version at no additional cost. For more information, please register to attend the 8:00 am Pacific/5:00 pm CET, March 22 What’s New in Vortex for Bioinformatics webinar.