DelMar Pharmaceuticals Reviews Glioblastoma Clinical Trials and New Therapeutic Development on CEOLIVE.TV
Published: Sep 19, 2013
VANCOUVER, British Columbia and MENLO PARK, Calif., Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DelMar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OTCQB: DMPI) ("DelMar Pharma" or "DelMar") today announced a discussion on CEOLIVE.TV by Jeffrey Bacha, president and CEO of DelMar Pharma, a cancer-focused company developing new therapies for patients with little to no treatment options. DelMar's first drug in development is VAL-083, a potential first-in-class treatment for glioblastoma multiforme (GBM).
Mr. Bacha will also discuss how the company is strategically advancing VAL-083 in the U.S., where the drug is in encouraging Phase I/II clinical trials for glioblastoma, and in China, where the drug is currently approved to treat lung cancer and chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML).
Watch the interview here: http://www.ceolive.tv/delmarpharma
Jeffrey Bacha, president and CEO of DelMar Pharma, "We are testing VAL-083 in glioblastoma, where there is the greatest need and greatest potential impact, and we are running our studies as quickly as possible to get this promising drug into the hands of physicians to treat the patients who need it the most."
- More than 15,000 people are diagnosed with glioblastoma each year in the U.S.
- Approximately half of glioblastoma patients will fail the approved therapies
- Many patients develop resistance to the front-line therapy, Temodar® ($950 million annual sales), because of an enzyme known as MGMT
- VAL-083 acts through a mechanism independent of MGMT
- Interim clinical trial results presented at ASCO suggest VAL-083 may have an improved safety and dosing profile over current therapies
- Studies by the National Cancer Institute and DelMar have shown VAL-083 to have activity against a range of cancers, including glioblastoma
- DelMar is conducting a Phase I/II clinical trial for VAL-083 at UC San Francisco and the Sarah Cannon Research Institute in Nashville, Tennessee and Sarasota, Florida
- VAL-083 has received orphan drug designation in Europe and the U.S.
- About Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM)
- About VAL-083
- Clinical trials for VAL-083
- DelMar's presentations and slides
About DelMar Pharmaceuticals
Del Mar Pharmaceuticals was founded in 2010 to develop and commercialize proven cancer therapies in new orphan drug indications where patients are failing modern targeted or biologic treatments. The Company's lead asset, VAL-083, is currently undergoing clinical trials in the United States as a potential treatment for refractory glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), the most common and aggressive form of brain cancer. VAL-083 benefits from extensive clinical research sponsored by the U.S. National Cancer Institute, and is currently approved for the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and lung cancer in China. Published pre-clinical and clinical data suggest that VAL-083 may be active against a range of tumor types via a novel mechanism of action.
Safe Harbor Statement
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on current expectations, but are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. The factors that could cause actual future results to differ materially from current expectations include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties relating to the Company's ability to develop, market and sell products based on its technology; the expected benefits and efficacy of the Company's products and technology; the availability of substantial additional funding for the Company to continue its operations and to conduct research and development, clinical studies and future product commercialization; and, the Company's business, research, product development, regulatory approval, marketing and distribution plans and strategies. These and other factors are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the SEC, including, our current reports on Form 8-K. We do not undertake to update these forward-looking statements made by us.
SOURCE DelMar Pharmaceuticals
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.