Bicycle Therapeutics Announces Formation of Scientific Advisory Board
- Professor Vincenzo Cerundolo, FMedSci, FRS: Director of the United Kingdom Medical Research Council (MRC UK) Human Immunology Unit and Professor of Immunology at the Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford
- Dr. JC Gutiérrez-Ramos, Ph.D.: Former President and CEO of Synlogic, former group senior vice president and global head of biotherapeutics research at Pfizer
- Sir Keith Peters, GBE, Sc.D., FRCP, FRS, FMedSci: Emeritus Regius Professor of Physic, University of Cambridge, U.K.
- Sergio Quezada, Ph.D.: Professorial Research Fellow and Group Leader of the Immune Regulation and Tumour Immunotherapy Laboratory at the University College London Cancer Institute
- Ed Scolnick, M.D.: Core Institute Member of the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and the Broad Institute’s Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research
- Geoffrey Shapiro, M.D., Ph.D.: Director of the Early Drug Development Center, Clinical Director of the Center for DNA Damage and Repair, and Institute Physician at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Co-Leader, Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC) Program in Developmental Therapeutics; Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Professor Nicholas Turner, BM BCh, Ph.D.: Team Leader, Breast Cancer Now Toby Robins Breast Cancer Research Centre, The Institute of Cancer Research, London
- Professor Sir Gregory Winter, Ph.D., FRS: Master of Trinity College, Cambridge; Co-founder, Bicycle Therapeutics; formerly of Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge, U.K.
Additional background on the SAB members can be found on the Bicycle website.
“Bicycle is developing an exciting new class of small molecule medicines for cancer and other serious diseases that promise to be more selective, more potent and less toxic than any other existing modality,” said Sir Gregory Winter, Bicycle’s co-founder, Director and a member of its Scientific Advisory Board. “I am delighted to continue to help guide the company, together with this tremendously accomplished group of scientific leaders, as it continues to advance its robust pipeline of Bicycle product candidates.”
ABOUT BICYCLE THERAPEUTICS
Bicycle Therapeutics is developing a unique class of chemically synthesized medicines based on its proprietary bicyclic peptide (Bicycle®) product platform to address therapeutic needs unreachable with existing treatment modalities. Bicycle’s internal focus is in oncology, where the company is developing targeted cytotoxics (Bicycle Toxin Conjugates), targeted innate immune activators and T-cell modulators for cancers of high unmet medical need. Bicycles’ small size and exquisite targeting deliver rapid tumor penetration and retention while clearance rates and routes of elimination can be tuned to minimize exposure of healthy tissue and bystander toxicities. The company’s lead program, BT1718, is being evaluated in a Phase I/IIa trial in collaboration with Cancer Research UK. The company’s unique intellectual property is based on the work initiated at the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge, U.K., by the scientific founders of the company, Sir Gregory Winter and Professor Christian Heinis. Bicycle has its headquarters in Cambridge, U.K., with many key functions and members of its leadership team located in the biotech hub of Boston, Mass. For more information, visit www.bicycletherapeutics.com or follow us on Twitter at @Bicycle_tx.
Source: Bicycle Therapeutics