Baxa Corporation Releases Upgrade for DoseEdge(TM), the Only Dose Management System With Comprehensive Formulary Management Functionality
Published: Nov 17, 2010
DoseEdge has achieved a major milestone in the advancement of sterile dose compounding, having processed more than 5 million safe doses since its market introduction. Through barcode verification of every drug ingredient, DoseEdge has prevented more than 100,000 preparation errors. With this release, version 2010.2 of the software, users can now extend DoseEdge safety benefits to a wider variety of compounded dose types through the application of a greatly expanded formulary database. To view technical videos or download educational materials on DoseEdge, visit www.baxa.com/doseedge.
Improvements and new functionality added to the DoseEdge Pharmacy Workflow Manager in version 2010.2 include:
- FormularyPlus Allows DoseEdge to identify more than 14,000 drug products via barcode scanning, and provides a process for easy maintenance and adding new products as information becomes available.
- Oral Liquid Dose Types The addition of 9,000 new drug products to the formulary database extends DoseEdge safety benefits to the preparation of unit-dose oral liquids, with cost benefits for users of the Baxa ExactaMed® line of oral syringes.
- Improved Overfill Handling DoseEdge uses concentration data provided by the Pharmacy Information System to calculate dose volumes and verify correct product concentrations when an overfill volume is specified.
- Improved Email Alerts Notifications have been added that will alert pharmacists that doses are available for remote verification.
- New Windows Support DoseEdge now supports Windows 7 Professional on all PrepStations and Windows Server 2008 for Local Cache Servers.
"DoseEdge is the only dose management software that delivers compounding workflow management and error prevention for such a wide variety of dose types. Hospitals across the country use DoseEdge to make thousands of safe doses every day," said Larry Gibson, product manager at Baxa Corporation. "Today's updates enable Directors of Pharmacy to manage pharmacy operations more easily and better utilize their teams to fulfill IV and oral drug preparation demands."
To view a live demonstration of the DoseEdge Pharmacy Workflow Manager, visit Baxa Corporation in booth #1841 at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition (ASHP), December 5-9th in Anaheim, California.
To hear first-hand experiences direct from DoseEdge users, attend an exclusive exhibitor's theatre symposium at ASHP, The Power of Control: Using pharmacy software tools to get control of your workflow, ensure quality control and support patient safety initiatives. For more information, visit www.baxa.com/safetyinnumbers.
About Baxa Corporation
Baxa, a customer-focused medical device company, provides innovative, solution-based technologies for medication handling and delivery. Its systems and devices promote the safe and efficient preparation, handling, packaging, and administration of medications. Key products include the Abacus® Order Entry and Calculation Software, the DoseEdge Pharmacy Workflow Manager, ExactaMed® Oral Syringes, ExactaMix Automated Compounding Devices, InFuse and MicroFuse® Syringe Infusers, Repeater Pharmacy Pumps, NeoThrive® Enteral Syringes, the PadLock® Set Saver and the RapidFill and IntelliFill® i.v. Automated Syringe Fillers; used worldwide in hospitals and healthcare facilities. Privately held, Baxa Corporation has subsidiaries and sales offices in Florida, Canada and the United Kingdom; direct representation in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands and Switzerland; and distribution partners worldwide. Further information is available at www.baxa.com.
Marian Robinson, Vice President, Marketing
Baxa Corporation: 800.567.2292 ext. 2157 or 303.617.2157
Perrin McCormick or Brandie Gerrish
HB | Hart-Boillot: 781-893-0053
SOURCE Baxa Corporation