BOCA RATON, Fla., Aug. 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- August is all about The Beach, BBQs and…Hair Loss? Since an estimated 80 million Americans, (50M men/ 30M women), experience some level of hair loss, National Hair Loss Awareness Month effectively shifts the focus on prevention and effective treatments to reduce these startling (and treatable) statistics.
Internationally Recognized Hair Loss Expert Dr. Alan J. Bauman aka the "Boca Hair Doc," will be performing LIVE in-person hair loss Q+A's and evaluations including HairCheck® measurements, a non-invasive method to scientifically measure hair loss and hair growth, a vital step in maintaining, enhancing and restoring each individuals living and growing tresses. This event will take place at the Hairatin® Kiosk at the Sawgrass Mills Mall on Saturday, Aug. 18th (which is being dubbed Super Sat-HAIR-day or #SatHAIRday) from 12-4pm.
"Hair" you will find the proper protocols to hold onto the hair you have and learn about treatments to consider if/when you start to lose your strands. Awareness and taking early action are essential in improving the odds that your hair will be with you in the best condition possible for as long as possible.
1) A common mistake with detecting hair loss is to rely on the "mirror test" before taking action. This type of visual assessment puts you at a disadvantage because by the time hair loss is visible half of your hair in that area may be already gone. Research shows that most people who have undergone treatment for hair loss wish they started sooner.
2) HairCheck®: New measurement and evaluation tools abound. Hair Restoration Physicians MDs can help accurately diagnose, measure and monitor your condition.
3) A family history of hair loss, over-styling and use of harsh chemicals, illness, stress, certain medications, smoking and poor diet can all impact hair health and influence hair loss. Experts advise eliminating as many hair loss risk factors as possible.
4) Don't wait to take action to reduce your risk of further hair loss. There are non-invasive therapies that can be implemented and, if need be, more intensive yet minimally invasive procedures that can help thinning, balding and overall hair density on the scalp.
5) Don't be duped by potions, lotions, elixirs and "miracle hair-growth cures." Hair restoration is a clinically recognized medical subspecialty so working with someone who is properly credentialed, experienced and has positive reviews in the specialty of hair loss treatment is the smartest route to pursue.
"It is vital to know hair loss is no longer inevitable, it's OPTIONAL," reassures Dr. Bauman. "Patients are always relieved to learn that hair loss IS a TREATABLE condition."
A few of the cutting-edge treatment options to consider and ask your Board-Certified Hair Restoration Physician about:
- SmartGraft®, Minimally-Invasive, Permanent, No-Linear-Scar Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Hair Transplant
- ARTAS Robotic-Assisted FUE Hair Transplant
- No-Linear-Scar NeoGraft FUE Hair Transplant
- 3D Printed Hair Systems
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) "Vampire" Hair Regrowth Therapy
- Compounded Formula 82M Minoxidil - a more powerful, non-greasy Rogaine alternative
- Compounded Formula 82F Topical Finasteride + Minoxidil - designed to reduce the risk of side-effects from oral finasteride (Propecia).
- Low Level Laser Therapy - FDA-approved drug-free hair regrowth with LaserCap 224, CapillusRX 312 devices for at-home use.
- Nutritionals & Nutraceuticals: SuperBiotin, Nutrafol & ViviscalPRO
- Genetic Testing
- Scalp Makeovers - for itchy, dry, flaking or oily scalp
Assembling the right information, acting upon it at the right time and working with a certified hair restoration physician when it comes to hair maintenance, restoration and treatment can make all the difference.
ABOUT DR ALAN J BAUMAN, ABHRS, IAHRS, FISHRS
As a full-time board-certified hair transplant surgeon, Dr. Alan J. Bauman has dedicated himself to providing the highest quality medical care to men and women who are affected by hair loss since starting his specialty medical hair loss treatment practice in 1997. Dr. Bauman has treated nearly 20,000 patients and performed over 8,000 hair transplant surgeries to date. He received M.D. degree from New York Medical College, Surgical Residency Training at Mt. Sinai Medical Center and Beth Israel Medical Center in Manhattan. Dr. Bauman completed his hair transplant Fellowship training in New York. Among his many contributions to the field of hair restoration, he has helped pioneer minimally-invasive FUE no-linear-scar hair transplantation, 3D-printed hair prosthetics, eyelash transplants, low level laser therapy as well as PRP Platelet-Rich Plasma for hair regrowth.
ABOUT BAUMAN MEDICAL
Bauman Medical was founded in 1997 with a single mission… to improve the physical appearance and in doing so the mental health of its patients through optimum hair health and hair restoration. Bauman Medical's Founder, CEO and Medical Director, Dr. Alan J. Bauman, MD, ABHRS, is among a very select group of physicians worldwide to earn Board Certification from the prestigious American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) and be accepted by the International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons (IAHRS). He has achieved Fellow status with the esteemed International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (FISHRS). Through his 501(c)(3) non-profit Bauman Philanthropic Foundation, Dr. Bauman and his team provide pro-bono hair restoration, surgical hair transplant and medical treatment to patients in need. Dr. Bauman was recently voted North America's #1 Top Hair Restoration Surgeon by Aesthetic Everything and named by Forbes as one of "Ten CEOs Transforming Healthcare in America." Dr. Bauman is a frequent guest expert and faculty member at many major international medical conferences and has been featured in hundreds of news stories in the traditional and electronic media. In addition to teaching and consulting worldwide, he personally sees patients and performs procedures at Bauman Medical Hair Transplant and Hair Loss Treatment Center -- an 11,000 sq. ft. stand-alone medical facility located in downtown Boca Raton, one of the largest facilities of its kind in the country.
At Hairatin, we are committed to offering effective, easy-to-use, anti-aging solutions for hair loss. Since 2010, we have been transforming the appearance and changing the lives of millions of men and women by improving the way they look and feel about their hair. Learn more at www.hairatin.com
To start a consultation or learn more please visit, www.BaumanMedical.com or www.bocahairdoc.com or call 561-394-0024. For media inquiries, please contact Danna@canpublicity.com.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/august-is-national-hair-loss-awareness-month-learn-the-essentials-on-prevention--treatment-300692852.html
SOURCE Bauman Medical