Asuragen to Present at Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP) 2020 Annual Meeting
Asuragen’s corporate workshops will be available on-demand throughout the event and will highlight the newest additions to the company’s rapidly growing portfolio.
- A Fast Track for Covering Your Bases: How the AmplideX® PCR/CE CFTR Kit* Streamlines the Detection of Diverse Pathogenic Variants in Under Five Hours
Ninad Pendse, associate director of product management at Asuragen, moderates a discussion with Gary Latham, PhD, senior vice president of R&D, and senior scientists Bradley Hall and Jessica Larson, also with Asuragen, to review recent population studies highlighting the prevalence of CFTR variants across various ethnicities and how the AmplideX PCR/CE CFTR Kit* is equipped to provide the broadest mutation coverage of any commercially available testing kit for the heterogeneous US population.
- Armored RNA® Controls and Their Utility with COVID-19 Testing and Beyond
Deepa Eveleigh, director of laboratory operations at Asuragen, describes the many features and benefits of Armored® technology and reviews case studies demonstrating how Armored controls have been successfully implemented across a broad range of clinical applications, from measuring HCV disease burden to diagnosing COVID-19. She will be joined by Fernando Torres, genomics product manager of translational genomics at Q2 Solutions, who discusses their clinical operations for SARS-CoV-2 viral load monitoring and why the Armored RNA Quant SARS-CoV-2 Control** was selected to optimize their testing process and improve the accuracy of results.
Asuragen’s new and upcoming products will also be featured during the event’s Scientific Poster Sessions, demonstrating the company’s continuing innovation in delivering impactful diagnostic products to the laboratory and clinical communities. An update on the development of a companion diagnostic assay for Wave Life Sciences’ investigational compound for the treatment of Huntington’s disease, as well as user experiences for the prototype AmplideX PCR/CE CFTR Kit* and the AmplideX PCR/CE HTT Kit**, are among the subjects to be highlighted.
Posters will be discussed live during scheduled presentation times, all Eastern Standard Time. The following will be presented from 1:00 – 2:00pm on Tuesday, November 17.
- G16. A Rare Single Nucleotide Variant Causing a False-negative HTT CAG Repeat Expansion Result in the Evaluation of a Patient for Huntington Disease (Farah El-Sharkawy Navarro, MD, University of Pennsylvania)
- G18. A single-assay diagnostic workflow for genotyping and phasing SNPs with repeat expansions for allele-selective therapy in Huntington’s disease (Sarah Statt, PhD, Asuragen)
The following will be presented from 1:00 – 2:00pm on Thursday, November 19.
- G27. Two-site Evaluation of a Rapid and Simple CFTR PCR/CE Assay and Software Targeting Mutations across Diverse Ethnic Groups (Stela Filipovic-Sadic, Asuragen)
- G29. Proof-of-concept for single-platform trio carrier screening of FMR1, SMN1/2, and CFTR variants using PCR and capillary electrophoresis with consolidated workflows (Ila Wolf, PhD, Asuragen)
“Despite the many complications presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain steadfast in our commitment to providing simple testing solutions for targets which continue to challenge laboratories today,” said Matthew McManus, MD, PhD, president and CEO of Asuragen. “The emergence of COVID-19 has placed unprecedented pressure on laboratories, and having access to high-performing assays which optimize operational efficiency is more important than ever. Our CFTR assay is just the latest in our line of streamlined and scalable solutions which will help laboratories succeed during these difficult times.”
The company will also have a virtual booth during the conference, providing visitors the opportunity to access additional product materials and live chat with Asuragen representatives.
* Product in development. Specifications not finalized.
** For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Asuragen is a molecular diagnostic product company changing the way patients are treated in genetics and oncology. Asuragen’s diagnostic systems, composed of proprietary chemistry and software, deliver powerful answers using broadly installed instrument platforms. They are simple to adopt and expand the ability to serve patients. Asuragen is a product foundry rapidly and efficiently addressing current and emerging clinical needs, including cancer diagnosis and monitoring, reproductive health and aging, serving laboratories across a patient’s lifespan with its best in class diagnostic tests. For more information, visit www.asuragen.com.
SVP, Corporate Development and CFO
Source: Asuragen, Inc.