Aesica and CMIC Co., Ltd. Sign Collaborative Agreement for International Business Expansion Across European, Japanese and U.S. Markets
17 October 2013 - Aesica Pharmaceuticals Limited (“Aesica”), the global contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO), and CMIC HOLDINGS Co., Ltd. (“CMIC”), the leading Japanese based CDMO with established sites in the USA, have announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding for the reciprocal development of sales and marketing opportunities for respective clients in Europe and Japan. Furthermore, both companies will work closely together to develop commercial opportunities across the US market.
Under the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding on collaborative agreement, Aesica and CMIC will exploit corporate synergies between the two companies and form a very close working relationship through which a collaborative approach to sales and marketing and customer liaison is set to be developed for the benefit of their customers. This initiative will form the initial basis of a supply and quality agreement.
Specifically, the reciprocal marketing of capabilities will be used by Aesica to proactively seek expansion of business opportunities in Japan and the US, collaborating with CMIC customers who may require consultation and manufacturing in Europe. Equally, CMIC is looking to expand global commercial business opportunities outside of the Japanese market, collaborating with Aesica customers who may require consultation or manufacturing in Japan. Additionally, both parties will pursue joint collaborative development of the US market.
Dr Robert Hardy, CEO of Aesica commented: “This agreement will provide a tremendous opportunity to develop business and commercial opportunities for our customers in the Japanese market and in the US, whilst providing solid scope for us to expand our market share in these regions. We look forward to forging an extremely close working relationship and partnership between our two companies”.
Kazuo Nakamura, Chairman and CEO of CMIC added: “There are tremendous synergies between CMIC and Aesica which will be exploited to the full commercial benefit of customers of each company. Whilst CMIC is a leading Japanese, full service contract development and manufacturer of formulated products for the pharmaceutical industry, with established manufacturing sites in Japan, Korea and the USA, Aesica is an international CDMO operating in the UK, Germany and Italy across both API and formulated products. The combined, European, Japanese and US commercial expertise and presence is enormous.”
Aesica supplies contract development and contract manufacturing services for Formulated Products and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients to a host of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotechnology organisations.
The uniqueness of Aesica lies in its flexible and bespoke approach to service delivery, coupled with its ability to develop products from the initial clinical stage through to final commercial supply. It is this all-encompassing offering combined with its dedication to exceptional standards of service that truly sets Aesica apart from its counterparts.
- Aesica is one of the UK’s fastest growing companies and over the last five years has more than trebled its turnover.
- The company currently employs approximately 1,300 people.
- In addition to its headquarters in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, Aesica has development and manufacturing sites across Europe including Cramlington, Nottingham and Queenborough in the UK, as well as sites in Monheim and Zwickau in Germany and Pianezza in Italy. It also has sales representation in San Diego and Shanghai.
- The vision of Aesica is to become the number one supplier of APIs and formulated products to the pharmaceutical industry.
- The CMIC Group, being the first CRO (Contract Research Organisation) in Japan, provides services that contribute to increasing efficiency and speed of clinical research. Currently, based on the PVC (Pharmaceutical Value Creator) business model in contributing to increasing the value-added of pharmaceutical companies, the Group provides services in the following business areas: CRO (Contract Research Organisation) business, CMO (Contract Manufacturing Organisation) business, CSO (Contract Sales Organisation) business, Healthcare business, IPD (Intellectual Property Development) business.
- The CMIC CMO Company performs contract manufacturing at four manufacturing sites in Japan and overseas, producing diverse drugs that range from solid and injectable preparations to ointments, creams, and liquid preparations. Moreover, the company responds accurately and flexibly to customers’ sophisticated requirements, providing comprehensive services that include formulation design, investigational product manufacturing, stability testing, and pharmacokinetics under contact.
For Aesica media enquiries, please contact Alex Heeley or Tristan Jervis at De Facto Communications on: +44 (0) 20 7203 6740 or e-mail; email@example.com
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.