Accelerator Life Science Partners Expands Its Team of Advisors
Dr. Chow and Ms. Yeager will join a top-tier group of Operating Partners to assist with the evaluation of new business opportunities, support current (and future) ALSP portfolio companies and serve in a variety of operating and advisory roles. Adding their expertise in international regulatory affairs, global operations, business development and corporate strategy will be an invaluable toolset for ALSP’s portfolio of companies.
- Kevin Chow, Ph.D. – Dr. Chow has over two decades of experience leading business development and corporate strategy in both large and small biopharmaceutical companies. Dr. Chow was Co-founder, President and CEO of Vitaeris (acquired by CSL Behring) and held senior positions in business development at Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Gilead Sciences, Corus Pharma (acquired by Gilead Sciences) and Diversa Corporation.
- Melissa A. Yeager, J.D. – Ms. Yeager has served in executive management for over 25 years in biopharmaceutical and medical device companies with responsibility for international regulatory affairs and operation activities. Ms. Yeager has held senior positions in global corporations such as Gilead Sciences and Becton Dickinson, and start-up entities including Breath Therapeutics, Corus Pharma (acquired by Gilead Sciences) and PathoGenesis. Ms. Yeager was also co-founder of Cardeas Pharma, a venture capital company.
“After working closely with Melissa and Kevin over many years, I am confident that their wealth of experience and leadership skills will add immediate value to our therapeutic and drug discovery portfolio companies,” said Thong Q. Le, senior managing partner and CEO of Accelerator Life Science Partners. “Their expertise combined with that of the other new ALSP advisors provides us with one of the most knowledgeable teams in the industry, further enhancing our ability to identify and support innovative companies with unique potential to provide unparalleled value for investors and patients.”
The Clinical and Scientific Advisory Board (CSAB) will add three new advisors from leading global pharmaceutical companies and universities, including AbbVie, AstraZeneca, Eli Lilly and Columbia University, bringing with them their expertise in drug discovery, drug development and R&D leadership. Joining the CSAB are:
- Scott Brun, M.D. – Dr. Brun served in various scientific & leadership roles for over 20 years at Abbott and AbbVie, which rank among the largest global biopharmaceutical companies. Dr. Brun oversaw a global development organization with responsibilities for AbbVie’s entire portfolio of early and late stage clinical preregistration pipeline compounds as well as marketed compounds within oncology, neurology, immunology, renal, infectious disease, and women’s and men’s health therapeutic areas.
- David I. Hirsh, Ph.D. – Dr. Hirsh has served in academic, entrepreneurial and executive roles for over 50 years. Dr. Hirsh is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics in the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, where he also served as department chairman and subsequently was appointed Columbia University’s first executive vice president for research.
- Jan M. Lundberg, Ph.D. – Dr. Lundberg has over two decades as head of research at AstraZeneca and head of research and development at Eli Lilly. He has guided more than 200 candidate drugs to the clinic and 25 products to the market, several becoming blockbuster drugs. Dr. Lundberg was professor of Pharmacology at Karolinska Institute and he was a cofounder of Aerocrine AB. Currently, Dr. Lundberg sits on six boards.
“Our clinical and scientific advisors support the complete spectrum of product development activities, providing critical insights into preclinical research, clinical trial design and strategy and regulatory pathways,” said Kendall Mohler, Ph.D., chief development officer and chairman of the CSAB. “Drs. Brun, Lundberg and Hirsh bring extensive knowledge in identifying and leading cutting-edge research and development programs. We are looking forward to working closely with them on Accelerator programs.”
Gene Yeo, Ph.D., MBA and Dr. Lundberg will join ALSP’s Senior Advisory Board (SAB) to provide high-level advice and strategic guidance regarding its R&D activities and portfolio investments.
- Eugene (Gene) Yeo, Ph.D., MBA – Dr. Yeo has served in academic and entrepreneurial roles for over 20 years with a focus on neurodegeneration, RNA processing, computational biology and stem cell technologies. Dr. Yeo is currently a Professor of Cellular and Molecular Medicine at the University of California San Diego. He is a co-founder of multiple biotech companies and serves as a scientific advisor on the boards of corporate and non-profit organizations.
“We are honored to have Drs. Yeo and Lundberg join the senior advisory board,” said Mr. Le. “Their insights and expertise will help facilitate our efforts as we work to close our second fund, ALSP II, which will operate out of our Seattle, New York and San Diego bases as well as a new international site.”
About Accelerator Life Science Partners
Accelerator Life Science Partners catalyzes the development and commercialization of breakthrough biotechnology innovations. Accelerator is a trusted partner that provides the complete business, scientific and financial toolkit necessary for successfully establishing and operating early-stage biotechnology companies. Accelerator nurtures its companies across all stages and in all facets of development, setting them on a path that offers the greatest chance for long-term success. Among these key resources are committed investment capital, experienced start-up management, unique access to world-class scientific expertise and state-of-the-art laboratories and shared facilities.
The company is uniquely positioned to provide this unprecedented collection of capabilities and resources through its partnership with top-tier investors, seasoned executive managers and world-class research institutions. The value of these collective resources has been validated over more than a decade of successful investing in life science companies that are helping to shape the rapidly evolving future of medicine and healthcare.
For more information, please visit www.acceleratorlsp.com.
Accelerator Life Science Partners
Jessica Burback – firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Accelerator Life Science Partners