TEDMED President Jon Ellenthal to Speak at SEMDA 2013 Conference
Published: Jan 22, 2013
ATLANTA, GA--(Marketwire - January 21, 2013) -
Ellenthal joins a stellar line-up of speakers for the SEMDA 2013 Conference, including:
- Pat Mackin, SVP & President of the Cardiac Rhythm Disease Management Division, Medtronic Corporation;
- Mark Leahey, President & CEO Medical Device Manufacturers Association (MDMA); and
- Jeffrey Shuren, M.D., J.D., Director of the Center for Devices and Radiological Health, FDA.
As the exclusive licensee of the globally recognized TED brand for the field of health and medicine, TEDMED is focused entirely on innovation and breakthrough thinking across all of health and medicine. The organization's annual flagship event features brilliant short talks, stunning artistic performances and informal social experiences.
Ellenthal is also the Chief Executive Officer of Walker Digital and is responsible for the P&L of all business operations, research and development, and IP portfolio licensing. He also serves as a Director for many of Walker Digital's subsidiaries.
Prior to joining Walker Digital, Ellenthal was the CEO of Synapse Group, Inc., a direct marketing subsidiary of Time Warner responsible for more than 30 million customers and 2 billion pieces of consumer promotion each year. Earlier in his career, Ellenthal spent five years as the Executive Vice President of Cooperative Marketing Concepts (CMC), a sales and marketing firm responsible for bringing FedEx into the direct-to-consumer residential package delivery market.
The SEMDA Conference is specifically designed to meet the needs of the medical device industry. Highlights will include:
- Presentations from some of the Southeast's emerging and expanding medical device and MDDS companies
- Workshops on a variety of topics including critical business issues
- Numerous networking opportunities plus structured 1:1 partnering
The Southeastern Medical Device Association (SEMDA) is a non-profit trade association that supports and promotes medical device companies in the Southeast. Created in 2004, the association provides a unique resource and networking opportunity for medical device companies, inventors, physicians, and investors interested in accelerating the growth of the medical device industry in the Southeast. Learn more at www.semda.net.