Pharmaceutical Continuous Manufacturing Market: Rising to be New Trend With its Magnificent Features
The pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market is expected to reach US$ 3,064.38 million by 2027 from US$ 1,459.53 million in 2019. The market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9.8% from 2020 to 2027.
Continuous manufacturing in the pharmaceuticals industry is a result of advancements in technology with respect to the production techniques. In the past years, the traditional method of batch manufacturing was followed in the pharmaceuticals industry. However, the development in technology has accelerated mass production with improved quality, and it has addressed many primary issues such as the recall of drugs. The pharmaceuticals industry has recently begun to acknowledge the continuous manufacturing as an option to improve and sustain manufacturing operations.
The increasing shortages of drugs and APIs in various parts of the world coupled with advantages offered by continuous manufacturing systems in ramping up the production volumes, reducing the drug costs are expected to be the major driving factors of the market. However, deep penetration of batch manufacturing systems and high capital investments for these systems are expected to restrain the growth of the market to an extent.
Request for sample Report at: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/sample/TIPRE00008245/
Key Findings from The pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing Market
- In 2019, the integrated systems segment accounted for the largest market share ofthe global pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market. The integrated systems are expected to dominate the product segment owing to their easy availability and accessibility as well as higher adoption of these systems than the semi-continuous systems and the controls. The integrated systems help build the continuous flow during manufacturing process, facilitate end-to-end integration, and improve asset utilization.
- Based on application, the pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market is segmented into end product manufacturing and API manufacturing. The end product manufacturing segment held a largershare of the market in 2019.
- Based on end user, the pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market is segmented into full-scale manufacturing companies and R&D departments. The full-scale manufacturing companies segment held a largershare of the market in 2019.
- The pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market majorly consists of the players such as GEA Group, Coperion GmbH, Gericke AG, Glatt GmbH, Hosokawa Micron Group, Munson Machinery Co. Inc., Powrex Corp, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Freund-vector Corporation, Fette Compacting, Alexanderwerk, LEISTRITZ AG, KORSCH AG, ACG, Cadmach Machinery Co. Pvt. Ltd., and Hovione en Aesica.
- The companies are focused toward the adoption of organic strategies such as partnership and collaborations to sustain their position in the dynamic market. For instance, in January 2017, GEA has entered into a partnership with Siemens AG to the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry by offering an integrated continuous tablet manufacturing line.
Increasing Shortage of Medicines
Shortages of essential medicines and drugs are becoming increasingly frequent worldwide. The rising shortage is resulting in burden on the health systems along with additional costs as well as risk to the patients’ health. The patients in need of medicines are failing to receive appropriate doses due to unavailability of medicines. According to WHO Drug Information 2016, shortages of essential medicines have been reported from low, middle, and high-income countries. Medicines shortages pose risks for patient health as a result of non-treatment, under-treatment and possible medication errors from attempts to substitute missing medicines.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) states that the reasons for drug shortages occur for various reasons including quality problems, manufacturing inefficiency, delays, and discontinuations. The drugs that are often short in supply include sterile injectable and oncology/cancer treatments. The notice from manufacturers to the FDA regarding the impending or current shortages of drugs allows the FDA to work with the manufacturers over finding feasible solutions, one of which is usually ramping up the manufacturing of drugs through implementation of new and advanced systems such as continuous manufacturing.
In 2018, the US FDA developed a new Drug Shortage Task Force to explore the reasons and causes of drug shortages. The Task Force analyzed 163 drugs that went short in supply from 2013 to 2017. Moreover, a survey from The Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) in 2017 revealed that the treatment category was most commonly involved in drug shortages.
Place an Order Now: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/buy/TIPRE00008245/
The Insight Partners is a one stop industry research provider of actionable intelligence. We help our clients in getting solutions to their research requirements through our syndicated and consulting research services. We specialize in industries such as Semiconductor and Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Transportation, Biotechnology, Healthcare IT, Manufacturing and Construction, Medical Device, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Chemicals and Materials.
We are committed to provide highest quality research and consulting services to our customers. We help our clients understand the key market trends, identify opportunities, and make informed decisions with our market research offerings at an affordable cost.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi