Opioid Tolerance Treatment Market: Acquired Tolerance Segment to Dominate the Type Category
Global Opioid Tolerance Treatment – Overview:
Opioid treatment is massively noted in severe pain management and chronic cancer treatment. One of the reasons behind their extensive use is high efficacy. However, there are negative implication sometimes noted when these are used for a longer time. The effect in therapy reduces, and response to therapy becomes dull. Such patients require either higher doses or NMDA antagonists. Alpha2-adrenoceptor agonists are also put to work sometimes.
Read Report Overview - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/opioid-tolerance-treatment-market.html
As per a comprehensive analysis by Transparency Market Research, the market for opioid tolerance treatment will record moderate growth in the market, expanding the opportunities landscape for market players. Valuation of the market would also see growth in the period 2019 to 2027 – the assessment period of the growth.
Some of the prominent factors leading to growth in the market are outlined below. These are molding the future of the market in a major way.
- Drug abuse is gaining a firm foothold across countries and communities. Some of the regions that are facing a menace in terms of opium use are the countries falling in proximity to the Golden Crescent and the Golden Triangle – regions known for illicit opium production in the Asia Pacific region. Authorities and medical community is trying to fight this through research and development, and development of better therapeutics, paving way for growth in the market.
- A robust pipeline exists in the market for tolerance treatment and a number of clinical trials are underway. This ensures growth for the global opioid tolerance treatment market over the forecast period. The use in healthcare will be a major factor of growth.
Request Brochure of Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=66896
Global Opioid Tolerance Treatment Market - Snapshot
- Opioids are effective analgesics prescribed to people with chronic cancer and severe pain. These opioids are generally used for short period of time. If these opioids are prescribed or taken for a longer period of time or more frequent daily doses, they create opioid tolerance in patients and hence, analgesia or desired therapeutic response is not received. In such conditions, higher doses of opioids are required to treating patients.
- Opioid tolerant patients can be treated with other treatment options for opioid tolerance such as NMDA antagonists and alpha2-adrenoceptor agonists. These drugs provide the required therapeutic response to opioid tolerant patients or to treat opioid tolerance.
- The global opioid tolerance treatment market was valued at around US $1,500 Mn in 2018. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of around 3.5% from 2019 to 2027. The alpha2-adrenoceptor agonists segment dominates the global opioid tolerance treatment market in terms of value and is expected to continue this trend during the forecast period.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Opioid Tolerance Treatment Market - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=66896
- The opioid tolerance treatment market is expanding at a significant pace due to rise in consumption of opioids for medical & non-medical purposes and rise in number of opioid prescriptions for therapeutic purpose, which leads opioid tolerance if taken for a long duration of time.
- Additionally, ongoing clinical trials, various researches going on for opioid tolerant treatment by different research institutes & companies and growing drug abuse, drug overdose cases are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of opioid tolerance treatment market.
The opioid tolerance treatment market has been segmented based on drug, type of opioid tolerance, route of administration, end-user, and region.
- On the basis of drug, the global opioid tolerance treatment market has been divided into NMDA antagonists, alpha2-adrenoceptor agonists, and others.
- The NMDA antagonists segment has been sub-segmented into ketamine, dextromethorphan, and others. The alpha2-adrenoceptor agonists segment is sub-divided into clonidine, tizanidine, and others.
Request for Custom Research - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=66896
- The alpha2-adrenoceptor agonists segment dominated the global opioid tolerance treatment market during the forecast period and is expected to continue this trend during the forecast period owing to relatively fewer side effects and better efficacy to treat opioid tolerance.
- Based on type of opioid tolerance, the global opioid tolerance treatment market has been bifurcated into innate tolerance and acquired tolerance. The acquired tolerance segment dominated the global opioid tolerance treatment market in 2018. The segment is anticipated to expand at a considerable CAGR during the forecast period owing to increase of drug dose & quantity and long term use of opioids.
- In terms of route of administration, the global opioid tolerance treatment market has been categorized into enteral, parenteral, and others. The parenteral segment dominated the global opioid tolerance treatment market. Faster onset of action and high bioavailability are some factors driving this segment.
- Based on end-user, the global opioid tolerance treatment market has been classified into hospitals & ASCs, rehabilitation centers, and others. The hospitals & ASCs segment dominated the global opioid tolerance treatment market due to higher number of patient admissions for cancer, chronic pain and better facilities available at these settings.
- In terms of region, the global opioid tolerance treatment market has been split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa.
- North America dominated the global opioid tolerance treatment market in 2018 due to higher number of opioid prescriptions dispensed, high opioid consumptions, and well-established health care infrastructure in the region.
- The opioid tolerance treatment market in Asia Pacific is expanding at a considerable CAGR during the forecast period due to large cancer patient pool, increase in health care expenditure, and high opioid consumption in the region.
Buy Opioid Tolerance Treatment Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=66896<ype=S
Key players operating in the global opioid tolerance treatment market include
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Mylan N.V.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Johnson & Johnson Services
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Pfizer Inc.
- Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
- Zydus Cadila
Browse More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Healthcare Distribution Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/healthcare-distribution-marke.html
Filter Integrity Test Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/filter-integrity-test-market.html
Dermatology Endoscopy Devices Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/dermatology-endoscopy-devices-market.html
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453