Ophthalmic Drugs Market: Anti-Glaucoma Drugs to be Highly Lucrative Segment
According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global Ophthalmic Drugs Market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, Rising adoption of newly developed therapeutics in ophthalmology, Increasing incidence rates of eye related disorders, Advanced retinal treatment approvals for unmet needs in eye disorders, Significant awareness about the diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders are projected to drive the global Ophthalmic Drugs Market during the forecast period.
According to the report, the global Ophthalmic Drugs Market was valued at US$ 26.0 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.1% from 2019 to 2027.
Request Brochure of Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=1769
Rising adoption of newly developed therapeutics in ophthalmology: Key Drivers
- As the number of FDA approvals for advanced therapeutics is increasing, the rate of adoption of these newly launched drugs is also rising exponentially.
- In August 29 2016, Shire introduced Xiidra, a lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 (LFA-1) antagonist, challenging Allergan’s Restasis, and a cyclosporine immunosuppressant. Both drugs are available at the same price level – around US$ 5,000.0 per year
- Restasis gathered a revenue of US$ 1419.5 Mn in 2016, whereas Xiiadra earned US$ 54.0 Mn in just four months from its introduction. During October 2016, Xiiadra had 9,963 total prescriptions, up by 8.7% than the earlier week, compared to which Restasis prescriptions fell by 1.7% as compared to the prior week, which resulted in increase in Shire’s market share to 13.3% from 12.2% in the prior week.
- Shire has set the sales target of US $726.0 Mn and US$ 1,140.0 Mn in 2017, and 2018, respectively. It is estimated to overcome Allergan’s market share in dry eye treatment with these statistics
- A similar trend of significant new drug adoption is anticipated to be followed, and is projected to drive the expansion of the global ophthalmic drugs market
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Ophthalmic Drugs Market - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=1769
Increasing incidence rates of eye related disorders Market Growth
- There is an alarming rise in incidence of eye related diseases, especially in the developed countries, which is anticipated to drive the growth of the ophthalmic drugs market during 2017-2025
- According to the Prevent Blindness report, the number of people in the U.S., suffering from cataract is expected to increase from 24.4 Mn in 2010, to 30.5 Mn by 2020, and people suffering from diabetic retinopathy in U.S. are projected to increase from 7.7 Mn in 2010 to 9.2 Mn in 2020
- The patients for open angle glaucoma and AMD in U.S., were 2.7 Mn and 2.1 Mn, respectively, which are projected to increase to 3.3 Mn and 2.5 Mn, respectively, till 2020
- The increasing patient pool in developing countries as well as developed regions is estimated to propel healthcare spending for eye treatments in each region and drive the growth of the ophthalmic drugs market.
Advanced retinal treatment approvals for unmet needs in eye disorders drive the market
Eye diseases such as chronic or recurrent uveitis, optic nerve, neurodegeneration retinitis pigmentosa, retinoblastoma, etc., lack an effective treatment option, and thus are categorized as unmet medical needs within the ophthalmologic diseases space
Several new entrants are dedicated to provide specialized treatment methods for eye diseases:
- On May 18 2017, Spark Therapeutics, Inc. submitted the first and only Biological License Application to the U.S. FDA for the treatment of Leber’s congenital amaurosis by gene therapy
- On March 25 2015, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc., announced the approval of Eylea, the first VEGF inhibitor approved for dosing on a less than monthly basis for the treatment of diabetic macular edema
- Severe inflammatory eye diseases, such as uveitis, lacked a solid treatment option earlier to the FDA approval of Humira for the indication of non-infectious intermediate, posterior, and panuveitis in adult patients
- In June 2016, the U.S. FDA approved the first and only biologic approved drug, Humira, for the treatment of uveitis
- Such approvals for advanced treatment options for the treatment of unmet medical needs in the field of eye disorders are projected to boost the expansion of the global ophthalmic drugs market
Request for Custom Research - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=1769
Non-compliance with treatment to Hamper Market
- Topical drug delivery methods are widely employed in case of ophthalmic drugs. The success rate of the medication depends upon the patient’s ability to comply with prescribed therapeutic treatment
- Lack of knowledge, intolerance, misunderstanding, and denial are some reasons behind the non-compliance
- As per a study published in American Academy of Ophthalmology, the overall non-compliance rate was around 50% for glaucoma, with lack of knowledge, misunderstanding, and denial accounting for more than 70% of the total non-compliance rate
- Non-compliance with the treatment is not influenced by gender; however, it is dependent on the understanding of the patient about the drug administration method
- Increasing non-compliance due to lack of knowledge is expected to restrain the expansion of the global ophthalmic drugs market
Side effects associated with ophthalmic drugs hamper the market
- Abnormal vision, blurred vision, poor focusing ability, dry/irritated eyes, color perception changes, altered pupil size are common side effects associated with ophthalmic drugs
- Some side effects such as itching of eyes or stinging sensation, allergic reaction, etc., can create serious health hazards, these side effects may restrain the expansion of the global ophthalmic drugs market
Buy Ophthalmic Drugs Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=1769<ype=S
Global Ophthalmic Drugs Market: Competitive Landscape
This report profiles major players in the global Ophthalmic Drugs Market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
The global Ophthalmic Drugs Market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
Leading players operating in the global Ophthalmic Drugs Market are
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Genentech, Inc. (F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.)
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Browse More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Acute Pancreatitis Treatment Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/acute-pancreatitis-treatment-market.html
Patient Monitoring App Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/patient-monitoring-app-market.html
Blood Filters Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/blood-filters-market.html
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453