Oncology Clinical Trial Market: Interventional Segment Witnessed Significant Expansion
Oncology Clinical Trial Market: Introduction
Oncology clinical trials includes the development of new treatments for various cancers. Oncology is somewhat more complicated than other therapeutic areas. Rather than running a clinical trial to test the safety and efficacy of an antibiotic against an infection, an oncology trial also tries to extend and improve the subject's quality of life.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Oncology Clinical Trial Market
- Cancer has a major impact on society across the world. It is one of the leading causes of death across the globe and is more prevalent in developed and emerging markets. According to American Cancer Society data, over 1.7 million new cancer cases are expected to be diagnosed in 2019 in the U.S. According to information published in the European Journal of Cancer, an estimated 3.9 million new cases of cancer and 1.9 million deaths due to the disease were reported in Europe in 2018.
- Increased R&D spending on cancer also fuels the market. Revenue from cancer drugs after their FDA approval is considerably higher than spending for research & development. Governments are also taking initiatives to invest in research of various oncology drugs along with R&D funding from several companies. Total investment in medical and health research and development (R&D) in the U.S. increased by 6.4% from 2017 to 2018, reaching a value of US$ 194.2 billion.
- Recruitment obstacles in clinical trial process may hamper the market. Several international studies investigating the issues in recruitment have put forth strategies such as piloting the recruitment process, financial and educational incentives for clinicians, newsletter and reminders for patients, open- versus placebo-controlled trials, assistance with patient travel, and networking with various healthcare professionals. Lack of awareness about clinical trials in patients, social and cultural issues related to trial participation, and complexity of study protocol are a few reason behind recruitment obstacles in the clinical trial process.
Request Brochure of Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=79925
Phase II Dominated Global Oncology Clinical Trial Market
- Based on phase, the global oncology clinical trial market can be divided into Phase I, Phase II, Phase III, and Phase IV
- The phase II segment held a prominent share of the global market in 2019. Conventional seamless phase II design with fixed sample size determination (SSD) has gained popularity in oncology drug development due to attractive features such as significantly shortening the development timeline, minimizing sample size as well as early decision making. According to an article published in Haymarket Media, Inc. in September 2020, results from a phase II study of 3 oral targeted agents for chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) showed that patients achieved deep remissions after a limited-time duration treatment. The study was also published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology, which included both treatment-naive patients and those with recurrent/relapsed disease.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Oncology Clinical Trial Market - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=79925
Interventional Segment Witnessed Significant Expansion
- Based on study design, the global oncology clinical trial market can be divided into interventional, observational, and expanded access
- The interventional segment accounted for a notable share of the global market in 2019. In interventional studies, participants are assigned prospectively to an intervention or interventions according to a protocol to evaluate the effect of the intervention(s) on biomedical or other health related outcomes. It is a highly prominent method used in clinical trials.
- However, the expanded access segment is projected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. An investigational drug product (including biological product) is available through expanded access for patients who do not qualify for enrollment in a clinical trial.
Request for Custom Research - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=79925
Lung Cancer Segment to Dominate Global Oncology Clinical Trial Market
- Based on cancer type, the global oncology clinical trial market can be segregated into lung cancer, breast cancer, thyroid cancer, leukemia, liver cancer, skin cancer, lymphoma, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer, colon & rectal cancer, urinary system cancer, and other cancer
- In terms of revenue, the lung cancer segment held a considerable share of the global market in 2019, followed by the breast cancer segment. Lung and breast cancers were highly common cancers, worldwide, each contributing 12.3% of the total number of new cases diagnosed in 2018. In China, the incidence and mortality of lung cancer has gradually increased over the last 30 years, and this trend is expected to continue. Numerous clinical studies on lung cancer were carried out in 2018. In particular, significant progress has been made in immunotherapy and targeted therapy.
Pre Book Oncology Clinical Trial Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=79925<ype=S
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global oncology clinical trial market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- PAREXEL International Corporation
- PRA Health Sciences
- Syneos Health
Read more information here:
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453