Molluscum Contagiosum Market: Topical Therapies Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Market
Molluscum Contagiosum Market: Introduction
- Molluscum contagiosum is a skin infection caused by a poxvirus (molluscum contagiosum virus), which is usually benign. Appearance of lesions anywhere on the body is a characteristic of mild skin disease. These lesions are Mollusca and are small, raised, and usually white, pink, or flesh-colored with a pit at the center. The size of the Mollusca ranges from 2 mm to 5 mm in diameter.
- The lesions primarily appear on the face, neck, arms, legs, abdomen, and genital area. These are not found on hands or soles of the feet. However, the virus remains in the top layer of skin and is not circulated throughout the body. It can remain dormant in the body for long periods and could reoccur.
- The virus spreads from direct person-to-person physical contact and through contaminated fomites. It could spread through sharing of baths, swimming pools, saunas, or other wet environments.
- Secondary infection caused by bacteria is the major complication of the virus. It is a significant problem among immunocompromised patients, such as patients with HIV/AIDS.
Read Report Overview - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/molluscum-contagiosum-market.html
Key Drivers of Global Molluscum Contagiosum Market
- Increase in number of approvals for new drugs from regulatory authorities such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), rise in emphasis on research & development, and promising drugs under pipeline are the various factors expected to drive the global molluscum contagiosum market
- In December 2019, the FDA accepted Verrica Pharmaceuticals’ New Drug Application filing for cantharidin 0.7% topical solution. The solution is indicated for the treatment of molluscum contagiosum. The company is the first to receive such approval and plans to market the drug if approved by the agency.
Request Brochure of Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=76803
Topical Therapies Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- In terms of therapy, the global molluscum contagiosum market can be classified into cryotherapy, curettage, immune-modulating therapies, topical therapies, and others
- The topical therapies segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, owing to ongoing R&D activities by prominent players and increase in awareness about topical therapies for molluscum contagiosum among patients
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Molluscum Contagiosum Market- https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=76803
Skin Clinics to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on end-user, the global molluscum contagiosum market can be categorized into hospitals, skin clinics, and others
- The skin clinics segment is expected to account for significant share of the global molluscum contagiosum market by 2027. High prevalence of the disease, especially in countries in Europe such as the U.K., Germany, and Spain, is projected to boost the growth of the segment.
Request for Custom Research - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=76803
North America to Dominate Global Molluscum Contagiosum Market
- In terms of region, the global molluscum contagiosum market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global molluscum contagiosum market during the forecast period. Strengthening of R&D by prominent players in the U.S., high adoption of topical medications for various skin problems, and rise in expenditure on new drug development are the various factors projected to propel the market in North America
- In March 2018, CVS Pharmacy selected ZymaDerm, a topical treatment for molluscum contagiosum, for sale at its retail stores. It is a fast-acting, painless treatment for the disease and is widely accepted in the U.S.
Pre Book Molluscum Contagiosum Market Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=76803<ype=S
Key Players Operating in Global Molluscum Contagiosum Market
The global molluscum contagiosum market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for majority share.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453