Handheld Drug Detector Market – A Study on Portable Devices Used For Drug Detection
Illicit consumption and distribution of controlled substances such as narcotics (including LSD, heroin, opium, Methaqualone, CBD, and THS) are noteworthy public safety issues in numerous countries worldwide.
Drug detectors are used to control the synthesizing, possession, or distribution of such drugs. Armed forces, law enforcement agencies, and aviation industry are some of the prominent end-users of drug detectors.
Drug detectors can be portable or tabletop. Handheld drug detectors have attained significant traction in the past few years owing to their ease of use and mobility.
Some of the key applications of drug detectors include sample/laboratory drug testing, and presumptive drug testing.
Increasing incidence of illegal drug trafficking across the globe has raised the demand for advanced handheld drug detecting equipment
However, relatively higher up-front cost of these devices are likely to hinder the growth of the global handheld drug detector market during the forecast period
Get Report Brochure – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=74540
Radical growth in drug abuse cases across the globe to drive the demand for handheld drug detectors
- Drug abuse has become a global concern, due to which government agencies across the world have taken several initiatives, which in turn have increased the demand for drug detecting equipment across the globe.
- For instance, in March 2019, the Customs and Border Patrol agents at the Dallas airport (Fort Worth International Airport) caught a shipment of 49 lbs. of GBL (Gamma-Butyrolactone) using a handheld drug detector.
- Federal agencies and law makers are expected to continue demanding handheld drug detectors that are lighter, more powerful, and provide non-intrusive detection in order to combat the burgeoning tide of controlled substances distribution
Buy Report on Handheld Drug Detector Market https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=74540<ype=S
Relatively higher cost, complexity, and maintenance impeding the adoption of handheld drug detectors
- Despite these products designed to be used by professionals, constant improvements in handheld drug detectors are likely to require dedicated training for its optimal operation.
- In addition, unlike conventional drug testing devices, handheld drug detectors require periodic maintenance
- Also, the cost of procurement of these devices is relatively high, which impacts its affordability aspect, particularly for developing/third world nations. Although some manufacturers provide handheld drug detectors at lower cost, the efficiency of the same are suspect.
- The aforementioned factors are thus projected to hinder the growth of the global handheld drug detectors market
The handheld drug detector market is gradually becoming competitive with lowering barriers of entry for regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to enhance their position in the market. A few of the key players operating in the global handheld drug detector market are:
- Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- Rapiscan Systems
- Ambitec Inc.
- PKI Electronic Intelligence GmbH
- Westminster International Ltd
- Safeway Inspection System Limited
- Flir Systems
- Smiths Detection
- Techik Instruments
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453