Genome Editing Market Size to Surpass USD 25.4 Bn by 2030
According to the global Genome Editing market size is expected to surpass around USD 25.4 billion by 2030 from valued at USD 4.7 billion in 2021 and growing at a CAGR of 28.4% from 2022 to 2030.
Request Free Sample of This Report@ https://www.novaoneadvisor.com/report/sample/7129
- The CRISPR/Cas9 technology segment accounted for the significant revenue share in 2020
- The CRISPR/Cas9 technology has proven its efficiency as a promising gene-editing tool owing to its advantages over conventional gene modification methods
- One of the significant advantages includes simultaneous modification of multiple target genes using this technology
- The ex-vivo delivery method accounted for a major share owing to its ease of DNA modification which resulted in its wide application for genome editing purposes
- Genetic engineering, particularly, cell line engineering dominated the market
- High penetration of gene-manipulation tools in stem cell research has contributed to this dominance
- The application of CRISPR technology has enhanced the productivity of CHO cell lines consequently increasing its application in biopharmaceutical production
- Besides, animal genetic engineering is witnessing the growing application of gene-alteration tools for various purposes such as the development of animal models to mirror human diseases
- Moreover, the Cas protein system is gaining traction in the development of point-of-care diagnostics, thereby driving investment flow in diagnostic applications
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies are the key end-users of the market as these are adopted these technologies for the development of novel therapeutics to a major extent
- Also, the COVID-19 pandemic has driven the investments in this space to develop rapid molecular diagnostic tests based on gene editing by biotechnology companies
- North America dominated the 2020 global market owing to the strong research as well as the commercial base for various gene alteration tools
- Moreover, the U.S. is the major contributor in the region with the high adoption of molecular scissor tools across research
- This is indicated by the increasing number of genome editing-based research publications in the country
- In Asia Pacific, the market is anticipated to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period
- China is reported to be the first country to have successfully transferred genetically edited cells into humans, to boost immunity and treat lung cancer, thereby driving the market
- Licensing agreements is the major strategy undertaken by operating companies in this space to strengthen their market position
Report Scope of the Genome Editing Market
USD 25.4 Billion by 2030
CAGR of 28.4% from 2022 to 2030
Fastest Growing Market
2022 to 2030
Technology, delivery method, application, mode, end-use and Region,
Merck KGaA; Cibus; Recombinetics, Inc.; Sangamo; Editas Medicine; Precision Biosciences; CRISPR Therapeutics; Intellia Therapeutics, Inc.; Caribou Biosciences, Inc.; Cellectis; AstraZeneca; Takara Bio USA; Horizon Discovery Group plc; Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc.; Egenesis Inc.; GenScript; New England Biolabs; OriGene Technologies, Inc.; Lonza; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Increasing implementation of CRISPR genome editing technology coupled with rising synthetic gene demand in diverse biotechnology domains has primarily driven the market growth over the past few years.
Furthermore, the development of CRISPR -based novel diagnostic tools to mitigate the adverse impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is driving the market. For instance, in March 2021, a team of researchers from the Nanyang Technological University developed a diagnostic test - VaNGuard (Variant Nucleotide Guard) based on CRISPR technology. This test can detect mutated SARS-CoV-2 strains, thereby increasing the adoption of CRISPR genome editing technology in the diagnostics arena.
Apart from this, continuous technological advancements in gene-editing tools are a major contributing factor for revenue generation in this market. For instance, in April 2021, researchers from Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard developed Retron Library Recombineering (RLR) - a new gene-editing tool that enabled the performance of millions of genetic experiments simultaneously, thereby providing better editing rates.
Moreover, the market is witnessing intensified competition among the market players owing to the expanding applications of genome editing tools. There has been an increased focus on the highly adaptable CRISPR technology. For instance, in April 2021, Vertex Pharmaceuticals paid USD 900 million to CRISPR Therapeutics to develop, manufacture and commercialize CRISPR-Cas9 gene-edited therapy for beta-thalassemia and sickle-cell disease. Such initiatives are anticipated to propel market growth.
The expanding gene therapy marketspace has shown significant interest in gene manipulation technologies, thus augmenting the revenue growth. In April 2021, a genome editing consortium announced its plan to develop a new genome editing 'toolkit'. This is aimed to boost gene therapy development. The amount of USD 190 million was granted to the Somatic Cell Genome Editing Consortium for the development of genome editing methods and approaches.
Ask here for more customization study@ https://www.novaoneadvisor.com/report/customization/7129
North America dominated the genome editing market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 39.4% in 2021. The presence of strong research, as well as a commercial base for advanced therapy development coupled with a high number of clinical trials being conducted for gene and stem cell therapies in the region, has majorly contributed to the dominance of the market in the region.
Furthermore, the increasing number of patents awarded to U.S.-based key players has also accelerated the uptake of these tools in the country leading to significant market growth. For instance, Merck KGaA recently announced that two patents of the company have been approved in the U.S. for CRISPR gene-editing technologies.
On the other hand, in Asia Pacific, the market is anticipated to witness the fastest growth rate throughout the forecast period. In November 2021, China announced its ten most significant advances in the agriculture sector, out of which one was gene-editing technology, thus representing the high market penetration of this space in the country.
Some of the prominent players in the Genome Editing Market include:
- Merck KGaA
- Cibus, Recombinetics, Inc.
- Editas Medicine
- Precision Biosciences
- CRISPR Therapeutics
- Intellia Therapeutics, Inc.
- Caribou Biosciences, Inc.
- Cellectis S.A.
- Takara Bio USA
- Horizon Discovery Group plc
- Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc.
- Egenesis Inc.
- New England Biolabs
- OriGene Technologies, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Segments Covered in the Report
This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2017 to 2030. For this study, Nova one advisor, Inc. has segmented the global Genome Editing market
- Delivery Method
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies
- Academic and government research institutes
- Contract research organizations
- Genetic Engineering
- Cell line engineering
- Animal genetic engineering
- Plant genetic engineering
- Clinical Applications
- Therapy Development
- Genetic Engineering
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Full Report is Ready | For Purchase Inquiry@ https://www.novaoneadvisor.com/report/checkout/7129
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to email@example.com| +1 9197 992 333