Focus on Eradicating Meningitis and Other Chronic Ailments Spurring Carbapenem-Based Antibiotics Market Growth: Fact MR
170 Pages Market Research Survey by Fact MR, A Market Research and Competitive Intelligence Provider, Highlights Key Factors Enabling Carbapenem-Based Antibiotics Market Growth
The carbapenem-based antibiotics market survey offers insights into chief growth drivers and restrains impacting the overall growth trajectory. The report also divulges compelling insights into carbapenem-based antibiotics demand outlook in terms of product, indication, and sales channel. It studies key strategies adopted by vendors to increase sales in carbapenem-based antibiotics market
Fact.MR – A Market Research and Competitive Intelligence Provider: In its recent market analysis Fact.MR has forecast the market for carbapenem-based antibiotics in 2031 to surpass US$ 1.8 Bn. Increasing demand for prophylactic administration of the carbapenem-based antibiotics before performing surgery will be a key market driver.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reported that patients undergoing immunosuppressive treatment are highly susceptible to hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP). As the cases of hospital acquired pneumonia especially in patients suffering with other chronic diseases like cancer are on the rise, the demand for broad spectrum antibiotics for treatment will increase, thus accelerating the sales of carbapenem-based antibiotics.
As per a report from World Health Organization, the world is facing a shortage of antibiotic resistance bacterial infection treatments. WHO also mentioned that none of 43 antibiotics that are under development are effective enough to address the concerns pertaining to drug resistance in the world’s most dangerous bacteria.
These concerns will increase the demand for generic carbapenem-based antibiotics for treating diseases such as urinary tract infection, bacterial meningitis, and others. Low cost of these generic carbapenem antibiotics make them accessible in low income countries.
Increasing investment by carbapenem antibiotic manufacturers to penetrate lower- and middle-income economies and rising efforts to strengthen supply chain in developed nations will open new avenues of revenue generation in the carbapenem-based antibiotics market.
“Increasing efforts by international organizations around the world to eradicate meningitis by 2030 are expected to fuel sales of carbapenem-based antibiotics for bacterial meningitis in next ten years", said a Fact MR analyst.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at
Key Takeaways from Carbapenem-based Antibiotics Market Research Report:
- Fueled by rising cases of multidrug resistant bacterial infections and need for broad spectrum antibiotics, Fact .MR forecasts that carbapenem-based antibiotics market will grow at more than 7% CAGR over the course of the assessment period.
- The U.S. carbapenem-based antibiotics market will grow at a healthy pace owing to introduction of low cost generic carbapenem-based antibiotics in the market and increasing cases of tuberculosis in the country.
- Increasing cases of hospital acquired bacterial infections especially in immuno-compromised patients will boost the demand for carbapenem-based antibiotics for intra-abdominal infections.
- Demand of carbapenem-based antibiotics for pneumonia is predicted to account for maximum market share due large patient pool.
- Sales of tebipenem will increase due to rising cases of urinary tract infection in recent years.
- Increasing incidence of hospital acquired bacterial infections will drive the demand of carbapenem-based antibiotics for pneumonia and other infections.
- High demand of carbapenem-based antibiotics in hospitals before commencement of surgery will drive market.
- Patent expiry of branded entrapenem and introduction of generic antibiotics will augment the sales of carbapenem-based antibiotics.
- Stringent regulatory process for drug approval is hampering the sales of carbapenem-based antibiotics.
- Rise in antibiotic resistant bacterial strains and tedious procedure for developing new carbapenem based antibiotics will hamper the market growth.
Request customization of Carbapenem-Based Antibiotics Market at:
Top Manufacturers of carbapenem-based antibiotics are Pfizer Inc., Merck Co. & Inc. and Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd. They collectively account for 9 out of 10 sales of carbapenem-based antibiotics across the globe.
As these generic carbapenem-based antibiotics are highly effective in treating range of bacterial infections, prominent market players are emphasizing on increase supply of these antibiotics in different countries to enhance their global outreach.
In May 2021, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. launched a generic entrapenem for injections in 1 g per vial packaging. Ertapenem is a type of carbapenem-based antibiotics used in treatment of gram negative bacterial infections.
In February 2019, Frazier Healthcare Partners launched a new biopharmaceutical company Recida Therapeutics, Inc. which specializes in developing novel therapeutics for serious antibiotic-resistant infections. Recida is working towards devising carbapenem-based antibiotics for treatment of multidrug-resistant gram-negative infections
Key players operating in the carbapenem-based antibiotics market are
- Amedica Corporation
- Cam Carbapenem-based antibiotics BV
- CeramTec GmbH
- Compagnie de Saint-Gobain
- CoorsTek Medical LLC
- DOCERAM Medical Ceramics GmbH
- H.C. Starck GmbH
- Morgan Advanced Materials Plc.
- Royal DSM NV
More Insights on the Carbapenem-based antibiotics Market:
Fact MR provides an unbiased analysis of the carbapenem-based antibiotics market, presenting historical demand data (2019-2029) and forecast statistics for the period from 2021-2031. The study divulges compelling insights on the global carbapenem-based antibiotics market with a detailed segmentation on the basis of:
- Intra-abdominal Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Skin and Skin Structure Infections
- Acute Pelvic Infections
- Prophylaxis of Surgical Site Infection
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- Gynaecologic Infections
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies & Drug Stores
- Online Pharmacies
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East and Africa
Key Questions Covered In the Carbapenem-Based Antibiotics Market Report
- The report offers insight into carbapenem-based antibiotics demand outlook for 2021-2031
- The market study also highlights projected sales growth for carbapenem-based antibiotics market between 2021 and 2031
- Carbapenem-based antibiotics market survey identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
- Carbapenem-based antibiotics market share analysis of the key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and others
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain -
Generic Injectables Market- The global generic injectables industry is expected to grow rapidly. Governments around the world are promoting the distribution and production of generic pharmaceuticals in order to make them more accessible to a larger population, particularly in developing countries' rural areas. The market is expected to grow due to the expiration of patents on blockbuster injectable molecules, research and development of large molecule generic injectable, and a robust product pipeline.
Extended Oral Antibiotics Market- Increased number of total joint arthroplasties (hip (THA) and knee (TKA) arthroplasty) and cases of prosthetic joint infections, extended oral antibiotics are expected to have significant demand in the market. Furthermore, increased R&D investments for avoiding or controlling prosthetic joint infections, as well as the development of immunoparticles, nanoparticles, new antibiotics, photodynamic treatment, antimicrobial peptides, and lytic bacteriophages, are boosting the global extended antibiotics market.
Anticancer Drugs Market- Anticancer drug sales are increasing as a huge number of awareness initiatives are launched by governments and central authorities around the world. Increased financing for anticancer therapeutic research and development is resulting in breakthroughs in treatment techniques and routes of administration. The development of treatments with better patient outcomes and fewer side effects than traditional ones is expected to improve patients' trust in these drugs, bolstering the anticancer drug market's growth prospects.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583