Antibacterial Drugs Market: Increase in Prevalence of Infectious Diseases is expected to drive the market
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global antibacterial drugs market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, high prevalence of infectious diseases, increase in research and developmental activities, and increase in initiatives by government in healthcare sector are the factors projected to drive the global antibacterial drugs market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global antibacterial drugs market was valued at US$ 46.37 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 1.5% from 2019 to 2027
Increase in Prevalence of Infectious Diseases: Key Driver
- High prevalence of infectious diseases results in increasing number of patient population and rise in the demand for antibacterial drugs, which thereby is responsible for driving the antibacterial drugs market
- According to Baylor College of Medicine, infectious diseases are a leading cause of death worldwide, particularly in low income countries, especially in young children.
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) states that, every year, around three million people in the EU catch a healthcare-associated infection, of whom approximately 50,000 die.
- According to National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey in 2016 in U.S., approximately 280,000, emergency department visits resulted in hospital admission with a principal hospital discharge diagnosis of infectious and parasitic diseases
Request Brochure of Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=1567
Increase in geriatric population and increasing number of antibiotic resistance or multi-drug resistant bacterial strains
- According to a study published in 2016, titled “Infection in an aging population”, the global population is rapidly aging. Currently, 566 million people are 65 years old worldwide, with estimates of nearly 1.5 billion by 2050, particularly in developing countries. Infections constitute a third of mortality in people 65 years old. Moreover, lengthening life spans correlate with increased time in hospitals or long-term care facilities and exposure to drug-resistant pathogens. Indeed, the risk of nosocomial infections increases with age, independent of duration spent in healthcare facilities.
- According to WHO, antibiotic resistant bacteria are responsible for up to 60% of hospital acquired infections in the United States. Resistance means that people with infections are ill for longer periods, and are at greater risk of dying, and that disease epidemics are prolonged.
- As per WHO, in 2016, around 490,000 people developed multi-drug resistant tuberculosis globally, and drug resistance is starting to complicate the fight against HIV and malaria, as well.
- Therefore, rise in geriatric population, and increasing number of antibiotic resistance or multi-drug resistant bacterial strains are responsible for boosting the growth of the antibacterial drugs market
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Antibacterial Drugs Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=1567
Rising number of generic drugs for antibacterial activities and patent expiries to Hamper Market
- The Generic Drug User Fee Amendments (GDUFA), passed by U.S. Congress in 2012, were intended to speed U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval of new generic drugs, which create competition for brand drugs and reduce drug prices for consumers.
- Wide availability of over the counter (OTC) drugs and generic drugs, and number of antibacterial drugs near to off patent is anticipated to lead to a shift from branded drugs to generic ones, which could hamper the antibacterial drugs market from realizing its true revenue potential.
- Henceforth, above mentioned factors can thereby hamper the growth of the antibacterial drugs market
Request for Custom Research - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=1567
Global Antibacterial Drugs Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global antibacterial drugs market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global antibacterial drugs market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global antibacterial drugs market are
- Bayer AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Novartis AG
Buy Antibacterial Drugs Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=1567<ype=S
Global Antibacterial Drugs Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global antibacterial drugs market are engaged in regulatory approvals, new drug developemnt, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global antibacterial drugs market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global antibacterial drugs market are:
- In October 2019, GSK started a phase III clinical programme for a potential first-in-class antibiotic, gepotidacin
- In July 2019, the FDA approved new triple-drug antibiotic from Merck, Recarbrio (imipenem, cilastatin, relebactam) for injection, 1.25 gm for the treatment of patients at least 18 years old with complicated urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis, and complicated intra abdominal infections caused by certain Gram-negative bacteria who have limited or no alternative treatment options.
- In August 2016, Pfizer Inc. announced that it has entered into an agreement with AstraZeneca to acquire the development and commercialization rights to its late-stage small molecule anti-infectives business, primarily outside the United States.
The report on the global antibacterial drugs market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of antibacterial drugs. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global antibacterial drugs market.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453