NEW HAVEN, Conn, Sept. 4, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Melinta Therapeutics today announced that an additional three abstracts have been accepted as late-breakers at the annual Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC), an American Society for Microbiology meeting. Melinta and its collaborative investigators will thus be presenting a total of 10 posters and participating on two symposia at ICAAC. Eight posters will highlight delafloxacin, an investigational fluoroquinolone antibiotic with in vitro activity against both Gram positive and Gram negative pathogens, and two will provide details on RX-P873, one of the Company's preclinical candidates from its ESKAPE Pathogen Program. The full list of abstracts and presentations follow.
September 6, 2014
- * Pharmacokinetics of a 900 mg Oral Formulation of Delafloxacin (DLX) Healthy Subjects Supporting a Gonorrhea Phase 3 Study. Presentation A-056a. Session: Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics of Anti-Infective Agents. 12:00 - 2:00pm.
- Evaluation of the Bactericidal Activity of Delafloxacin against Neisseria Gonorrhoeae Isolates by Time-Kill Methodology. Presentation F-283. Session: Topoisomerase Inhibitors: Quinolones and Much More. 12:00 - 2:00pm.
- † Effects of Urine Matrix and pH on the Potency of Delafloxacin (DFX) and Ciprofloxacin (CIP) against Urogenic E. coli (EC) and K. pneumoniae (KP). Presentation F-275. Session: Topoisomerase Inhibitors: Quinolones and Much More. 12:00 - 2:00pm.
September 7, 2014
- The Use of Ribosome Structure in the Rational Design of Novel Broad Spectrum Antibacterial Agents. Symposia: Quit Stalling! New Information on the Interaction of Antibiotics with the Bacterial Ribosome. 8:30 - 10:30am.
- A Phase 1, Open-Label, Crossover Study to Determine the Effect of Food on the Pharmacokinetics of a Single Dose of Oral Delafloxacin (DLX) in Healthy Subjects. Presentation A-683. Session: Clinical Pharmacology of Anti-Infective Agents in Clinical Development. 11:00am - 1:00pm.
- Pharmacokinetics and Relative Bioavailability of Intravenous and Oral Formulations of Delafloxacin (DLX) in Healthy Subjects. Presentation A-682. Session: Clinical Pharmacology of Anti-Infective Agents in Clinical Development. 11:00am - 1:00pm.
September 8, 2014
- * Evaluation of the Potential for Delafloxacin Resistance Development in Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Presentation C-1412a. Session: Mycobacteria and Neisseria, the Re-Emerging Threats. 11:00am - 1:00pm.
- * In vitro activity of RX-P873 tested against Enterobacteriaceae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter spp. Presentation F-1555b. Session: Advances against Gram-Negative Pathogens. 11:00am - 1:00pm.
- Evaluation of In Vitro Activity of Delafloxacin against Contemporary Neisseria Gonorrhoeae Isolates. Presentation C-1401. Session: Mycobacteria and Neisseria, the Re-Emerging Threats. 11:00am - 1:00pm.
- Delafloxacin Exerts Potent Anti-gonococcal Activity despite Mutations that Decrease Antibiotic Susceptibility Due to Target Modification or Drug Efflux. Presentation C-1399. Session: Mycobacteria and Neisseria, the Re-Emerging Threats. 11:00am - 1:00pm.
- In Vitro Activity of a Novel Antibacterial Agent (rx-p873) Against Gram-Negative Bacteria. Presentation C-1373. Session: Aminoglycosides and Newer Gram Negative Agents: Recent Insights. 11:00am - 1:00pm.
- New Pyrrolocytosines: The RX-04 Program. Symposia: Progress on the Ribosome. 3:00 - 5:00pm.
NOTE: * denotes late-breaking abstracts and † denotes investigator-lead studies.
About Melinta Therapeutics
Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. is dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of groundbreaking antibiotics to overcome drug-resistant, life-threatening infections. The need for new therapies for drug-resistant infections is widely recognized as one of the most serious public health issues facing the world today. To meet this need, Melinta Therapeutics is rapidly progressing its late-stage investigational antibiotic, delafloxacin, which is currently in Phase 3 development for acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI) and uncomplicated gonorrhea. Delafloxacin has been designated a qualified infectious disease product (QIDP) for both ABSSSI, uncomplicated gonorrhea and community-acquired bacterial pneumonia by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. A key initiative at Melinta is to develop, through the application of Nobel Prize-winning science, a new class of antibiotics designed to overcome the drug-resistant ESKAPE pathogens known to cause serious hospital infections. Melinta Therapeutics is privately held and backed by lead investor Vatera Healthcare Partners among other private investors. The company is headquartered in New Haven, CT with offices in Lincolnshire, IL.
For more information, visit www.melinta.com. CONTACT: Melinta Therapeutics Kathy Powell 312-724-9400 firstname.lastname@example.org Media Contact Aline Schimmel 312-238-8957 email@example.com
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.