Aesica Appoints New Product Release Manager
8/19/2014 3:07:55 PM
19th August 2014: Aesica, the global contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO), today announced the appointment of Adam Burgess to the position of Product Release Manager. Adam’s wide ranging role includes managing the Qualified Persons team; directing and controlling QP activities in line with operational requirements, the role also involves the development of quality systems, product release, facilitating process improvements and acting as a Qualified Person.
Based at Queenborough, UK Adam has responsibility for pharmaceutical quality assurance across the Kent based site. A key function is to ensure on time release of products. He will work closely with production personnel at the site, with the specific goal of ensuring that operational departments build quality into their processes and organisational structures. Adam reports directly to Christine Ernst, the Site Head of Quality at Aesica, Queenborough, UK.
Previously, he held the position of Manager, Defective Medicines Report Centre and Import Notification at the MHRA and was an active Qualified Person at Martindale Pharma. Prior to that, he worked as a QA Manager in Preclinical Quality Assurance at GlaxoSmithKline. His expertise reaches across both commercial and clinical trial products including steriles, non-sterile tablets, capsules and liquids. Adam brings Quality Assurance experience in laboratory, packaging and manufacturing area settings. He has strong skills in the risk assessment of pharmaceutical products and has authored position papers focused both on product quality and patient safety implications of unplanned events.
Remarking on his new position, Adam Burges said: “I am delighted to be appointed to this role at Aesica. It affords me the opportunity to return to pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging, bringing the experience that I have gained at the UK regulator. This experience will help me to further enhance and drive quality culture initiatives across the company – in particular at Queenborough. I am looking forward to leading the Product Release team to ensure that all staff fully understand customer needs, consistently deliver results, whilst maintaining the high quality levels demanded and expected.”
Commenting on Adam Burgess’s appointment, Indira Walker, Corporate Quality Director at Aesica remarked: “We are delighted that Adam has joined our Quality Assurance team. He brings strong Quality Assurance expertise and we are especially impressed by his combined experience of working both for prominent pharmaceutical companies and the MHRA regulatory authority.”
She continued “We look forward to Adam contributing significantly to making further inroads into driving up QA standards so that we deliver the most consistent and best-in-class quality of service within the industry.”
• Aesica supplies contract development and contract manufacturing services for Finished Dose and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients to a host of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotechnology organisations.
• Aesica is one of the UK’s fastest growing companies and over the last five years has more than trebled its turnover.
• The company currently employs approximately 1,300 people.
• In addition to its headquarters in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, Aesica has development and manufacturing sites across Europe including Cramlington, Nottingham and Queenborough in the UK, as well as sites in Monheim and Zwickau in Germany and Pianezza in Italy.
• Aesica is a portfolio company of Silverfleet Capital, one of the leading European mid-market private equity firms, which invested in the business in October 2011.
For media enquiries, please contact Tristan Jervis or Alex Heeley at De Facto Communications on: +44 (0) 20 7203 6740/6745 or e-mail; email@example.com.
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.
comments powered by