Help employers find you! Check out all the
WASHINGTON, Aug. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) today announced the agenda for the Rare Diseases and Orphan Product Breakthrough Summit, to be held October 21-22, 2014 at the Hilton Mark Center in Alexandria, VA.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140812/135518
This annual event is the innovative hub for all stakeholders in the rare disease and orphan products community providing an educational platform for pharmaceutical, biotech, researchers, patient groups, regulators, healthcare executives and more.
Attendees will benefit from the perspectives of 60+ speakers over the course of 30+ session options. Program features include:
- 20+ speakers from the Food and Drug Administration, including Margaret Hamburg, M.D., Commissioner; Janet Woodcock, M.D., Director, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER); and John Jenkins, M.D., Director, Office of New Drugs in CDER.
- Leading industry speakers, including several CEOs such as Robert Hugin from Celgene and James Greenwood from BIO
- An Expanded Access Symposium with perspectives from the FDA, Kids v Cancer, BIO and PhRMA
- Three track options: FDA Oversight of Orphan Products, Advancing Patient Engagement and Support and Investing in Commercial Market Success for Orphan Products
- More than two dozen posters with original research, innovations and advancements, with the theme "Life-Transforming Treatments"
Sponsors of the two-day conference include BDI Pharma, COTE Orphan Consulting, Lash Group and Omnicare Specialty Care Group.
Event information, complete agenda and speaker list can be found at www.cbinet.com/NORD.
NORD is the voice of the 30 million Americans who have rare diseases. Since 1983, it has been providing advocacy on public policies that affect the community; education and awareness for patients, caregivers, medical professionals and the public; research grants and fellowships; help in forming and growing patient organizations; and patient/family services including patient assistance programs to assure patient access to life-saving and life-sustaining medications.
All press inquiries should contact Lauren Donoghue, Senior Marketing Manager:
Email or 339-298-2262.
SOURCE The Natioanl Organization for Rare Disorders