NEW HAVEN, Conn, July 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Melinta Therapeutics today announced that the company and investigators will be making eight presentations at the annual Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC), an American Society for Microbiology meeting. Melinta will present five posters on the in vivo and in vitro activity of delafloxacin, an investigational fluoroquinolone antibiotic with in vitro activity against both Gram positive and Gram negative pathogens, including methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). In addition, one presentation will detail preclinical findings of RX-P873, one of the Company's preclinical candidates from its innovative ESKAPE Research Program. The ESKAPE Research Program leverages Melinta's knowledge and experience in crystallography and computational chemistry to generate new classes of antibiotics and new molecules within those classes to treat the extensively drug resistant (XDR) and multi-drug resistant (MDR) "superbug" bacteria, also known as the ESKAPE pathogens.
Poster and Presentation Details:
September 6, 2014
- Evaluation of the Bactericidal Activity of Delafloxacin against Neisseria Gonorrhoeae Isolates by Time-Kill Methodology. Poster session: Topoisomerase Inhibitors: Quinolones and Much More. 12:00 - 2:00pm.
September 7, 2014
- The Use of Ribosome Structure in the Rational Design of Novel Broad Spectrum Antibacterial Agents. Symposia: Quit Stalling! New Information on the Interaction of Antibiotics with the Bacterial Ribosome. 8:30 - 10:30am.
- A Phase 1, Open-Label, Crossover Study to Determine the Effect of Food on the Pharmacokinetics of a Single Dose of Oral Delafloxacin (DLX) in Healthy Subjects. Poster Session: Clinical Pharmacology of Anti-Infective Agents in Clinical Development. 11:00am - 1:00pm.
- Pharmacokinetics and Relative Bioavailability of Intravenous and Oral Formulations of Delafloxacin (DLX) in Healthy Subjects. Poster Session: Clinical Pharmacology of Anti-Infective Agents in Clinical Development. 11:00am - 1:00pm.
September 8, 2014
- Evaluation of In Vitro Activity of Delafloxacin against Contemporary Neisseria Gonorrhoeae Isolates. Poster Session: Mycobacteria and Neisseria, the Re-Emerging Threats. 11:00am - 1:00pm.
- Delafloxacin Exerts Potent Anti-gonococcal Activity despite Mutations that Decrease Antibiotic Susceptibility Due to Target Modification or Drug Efflux. Poster Session: Mycobacteria and Neisseria, the Re-Emerging Threats. 11:00am - 1:00pm.
- In Vitro Activity of a Novel Antibacterial Agent (rx-p873) Against Gram-Negative Bacteria. Poster Session: Aminoglycosides and Newer Gram Negative Agents: Recent Insights. 11:00am - 1:00pm.
- New Pyrrolocytosines: The RX-04 Program. Symposia: Progress on the Ribosome. 3:00 - 5:00pm.
About Melinta Therapeutics
Melinta Therapeutics is dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of groundbreaking antibiotics to overcome drug-resistant, life-threatening infections. The need for new therapies for drug-resistant infections is widely recognized as one of the most serious public health issues facing the world today. To meet this need, Melinta Therapeutics is rapidly progressing its late-stage investigational antibiotic, delafloxacin, which is currently in Phase 3 development for acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI) and uncomplicated gonorrhea. Delafloxacin has been designated a qualified infectious disease product (QIDP) for ABSSSI, uncomplicated gonorrhea and community-acquired bacterial pneumonia by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. A key initiative at Melinta is to develop, through the application of Nobel Prize-winning science, a new class of antibiotics designed to overcome the drug-resistant ESKAPE pathogens known to cause serious hospital infections. Melinta Therapeutics is privately held and backed by lead investor Vatera Healthcare Partners among other venture firms. The company is headquartered in New Haven, CT with offices in Lincolnshire, IL.
For more information, visit www.melinta.com. CONTACT: Melinta Therapeutics Kathy Powell email@example.com Media Contact Aline Schimmel firstname.lastname@example.org
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.