Aesica Concentrates Investment In Lucrative German Formulations Business
7/9/2014 2:23:27 PM
Zwickau site introduces roller compaction unit for dry granulation production
9 July 2014: Aesica Pharmaceuticals, the global pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO), is adding additional services in its oral solids capability including a new roller compaction unit for dry granulation production in Zwickau, Germany after identifying this area as a key growth market within the domestic market.
The company is committed to capitalising on the presence of its German sites (Monheim and Zwickau), having identified the German pharma economy as a growth area for its services and is planning to take an increasing share of the market. This latest investment compliments other recent investments in the region, including a new tablet coater capability and pouch packing line, enhancing a diverse range of capabilities it has within the country.
The new roller compaction unit uses a continuous production step that enhances product uniformity and has been undertaken following a market demand for pharmaceutical formulation technologies that enable the formulation of APIs otherwise inhibited by the presence of water.
Ian Muir, Managing Director, Finished Dose at Aesica commented: “This new investment aligns with our strategy of investing in our German sites to broaden capabilities, which is expanding our domestic market share within Germany, whilst allowing us to offer new services to our global customers. The dry granulation capability will drive business growth as customers with moisture sensitive APIs seek appropriate technologies, and crucially, experienced CDMOs that can deliver their products”.
• Aesica supplies contract development and contract manufacturing services for Finished Dose and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients to a host of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotechnology organisations.
• Aesica is one of the UK’s fastest growing companies and over the last five years has more than trebled its turnover.
• The company currently employs approximately 1,300 people.
• In addition to its headquarters in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, Aesica has development and manufacturing sites across Europe including Cramlington, Nottingham and Queenborough in the UK, as well as sites in Monheim and Zwickau in Germany and Pianezza in Italy.
• Aesica is a portfolio company of Silverfleet Capital, one of the leading European mid-market private equity firms, which invested in the business in October 2011.
For media enquiries, please contact Tristan Jervis or Alex Heeley at De Facto Communications on: +44 (0) 20 7203 6740/6745 or e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.
comments powered by