GENFIT Corp. (ALGFT): Organization Of A Workshop On GFT505 During The Annual EASL Congress
4/8/2014 2:28:00 PM
- A workshop on NASH and its treatment by GFT505 is organized in London by GENFIT in conjunction with the 49th annual meeting of the EASL (The International Liver Congress 2014)
- At this workshop, GENFIT will reveal new data on the activity and mechanism of action of GFT505
Lille (France), Boston (Massachusetts, Etats-Unis), April 8, 2014 - GENFIT (alternext:ALGFT)(isin:FR0004163111), a biopharmaceutical company at the forefront of drug discovery and development, focusing on the early diagnosis and preventive treatment of cardiometabolic and associated disorders, organizes a workshop on NASH and its treatment by GFT505.
During the workshop, to take place on the morning of Saturday 12 April 2014:
- Professor Vlad Ratziu (Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Pitie-Salpetriere University Hospital, Paris), principal investigator of the GFT505-212-7 study, will provide an update on NASH (diagnostics, epidemiology, disease progression, medical needs) and will define the ideal therapeutic profile of a dedicated drug candidate;
- Professor Bart Staels (University of Lille 2, Director of Inserm Unit UMR1011, Pasteur Institute of Lille) will describe the role of nuclear receptors, in particular the receptors PPARa and PPARd, as targets for the treatment of NASH;
- Dr Dean Hum, CSO of GENFIT, will present the results obtained with GFT505 in the clinic and in various NASH disease models. He will particularly reveal unpublished data on the therapeutic activity of GFT505.
More than thirty investors and analysts, notably from the US, have confirmed their presence at the workshop.
GENFIT is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the Discovery and Development of drug candidates in therapeutic fields linked to cardiometabolic disorders (prediabetes/diabetes, atherosclerosis, dyslipidemia, inflammatory diseases.). GENFIT uses a multi-pronged approach based on early diagnosis, preventive solutions, and therapeutic treatments and advances therapeutic research programs, either independently or in partnership with leading pharmaceutical companies, including Sanofi, to address these major public health concerns and their unmet medical needs.
GENFIT's research programs have resulted in the creation of a rich and diversified pipeline of drug candidates at different stages of development, including GENFIT's lead proprietary compound, GFT505, that is currently in Phase IIb.
With facilities in Lille, France, and Cambridge, MA (USA), the Company has approximately 80 employees. GENFIT is a public company listed on the Alternext trading market by Euronext(TM) Paris (alternext:ALGFT)(isin:FR0004163111). www.genfit.com
Jean-Francois Mouney - CEO & Chairman of the Management Board - Ph. +333 2016 4000
Milestones - Press Relations
Bruno Arabian - Ph. +331 7544 8740 / +336 8788 4726 - email@example.com
This announcement is distributed by NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions on behalf of NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions clients.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: GENFIT via Globenewswire
2014.04.08 PR GENFIT workshop EASL - http://hugin.info/143426/R/1775682/605627.pdf
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.
comments powered by