4/2/2014 8:45:28 AM
San Antonio, Texas — April 1, 2014 (Booth #301) – West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. (NYSE: WST), a leading global manufacturer of components and systems for injectable drug administration, today announced that company representatives will be participating in educational sessions and showcasing West innovations at the Parenteral Drug Association (PDA) Annual Meeting in San Antonio, Texas, April 7-9, 2014, booth #301.
“As global healthcare needs and regulations continue to evolve, it’s critical that pharmaceutical companies align with partners that have the knowledge and expertise to help bring drugs from concept to patient efficiently, reliably and safely,” said Erin O’Brien, Senior Director, Marketing, West. “The largest pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturers around the world rely on West for our innovative solutions for injectable drug administration, unmatched technical expertise and comprehensive understanding of the regulatory landscape. We look forward to sharing this experience and our vision for creating a healthier world with visitors at the PDA Annual Meeting.”
West’s experts will participate in two sessions related to advances in drug packaging and delivery system safety and integrity at PDA:
- Sterilization Effects on Elastomer Characteristics and Functionality in Sterile Parenteral Drug Products (April 7, 10:30 – 11:15 a.m.) Andrea Straka, Senior Technical Specialist, West, will present a poster discussing how choices for container closure system sterilization can affect product manufacturing, long-term stability and functionality in use.
- Tools for Evaluating the Robustness of Integral Container Closure Systems (April 9, 9:00 – 9:30 a.m.) Diane Paskiet, Director, Scientific Affairs, West, will participate in the session, “Combination Products and Container Closure Integrity,” as part of the Biological Sciences Track. Diane will lead a presentation on recent advances in testing combination devices to ensure drug product quality.
In addition to its educational presentations, West will showcase its industry-leading drug packaging and delivery system technologies, including:
- West NovaPure® components
- Prefillable syringe systems and components
- The SmartDose® injector technology platform
- The Daikyo Crystal Zenith® 1mL long prefillable syringe system
- Drug reconstitution and mixing systems
West is by the side of its healthcare partners from concept to the patient, designing and manufacturing packaging, diagnostic and delivery systems that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of their products. Every day, West is leading the way with cutting-edge technologies and quality systems, a thorough understanding of global regulatory compliance, and an unmatched and growing knowledge base of pharmaceutical product testing, development and packaging. Based in Exton, Pa., West supports customers from sales, manufacturing, and research and development locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West’s 2013 sales reflect the daily use of approximately 100 million of its components and devices around the world.
Visit West online at http://www.westpharma.com/ and follow West on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/WestPharma.
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.
comments powered by