Aesica Successfully Completes The Validation Of Its High Capacity Manufacturing Facility At Queenborough, UK Site
3/14/2014 9:03:15 AM
Friday 14th March 2014 - Aesica, the global pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO), has today announced that its High Capacity Manufacturing Facility has been successfully validated for commercial production. $45m (USD) has been invested at its Queenborough, UK site.
With the completion of this new facility, Aesica has expanded the commercial production of a solid dose medication used in treating one of the world’s most common lifestyle diseases; Type 2 diabetes in adults. The solid dose product has global sales and is set for worldwide export.
The purpose built facility is capable of producing in excess of 1 billion tablets per annum and designed with future expansion in mind, it is expected the facility will more than double its current capacity to produce over 2.5 billion tablets a year on expansion.
The facility provides a 10,000sq.m expansion to the existing Queenborough site and has a dedicated workforce of 55 technicians, with future expansion plans increasing the staffing level to more than 100.
The new facility is an advanced unit which contains highly technical and specialist equipment including state-of-the-art spray granulators, coaters, tablet presses, powder handling systems and large capacity blenders.
Dr Robert Hardy, CEO of Aesica Pharmaceuticals commented: “The validation of this facility for commercial production is a major milestone for the company and brings to fruition what has been a significant investment. Aesica is already a major exporter of finished dose products and the investment in this facility reflects the continued growth in export demand. This state-of-the-art facility will allow us to manufacture a high quality product used to treat one of the world’s most prevalent diseases and has the capability to double its capacity in the future, representing an expanding revenue stream for Aesica.”
Aesica supplies contract development and contract manufacturing services for finished products and active pharmaceutical ingredients to a host of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotechnology organisations.
The uniqueness of Aesica lies in its flexible and bespoke approach to service delivery, coupled with its ability to develop products from the initial clinical stage through to final commercial supply. It is this all-encompassing offering combined with its dedication to exceptional standards of service that truly sets Aesica apart from its counterparts.
- Aesica is one of the UK’s fastest growing companies and over the last five years has more than trebled its turnover.
- The company currently employs approximately 1,300 people.
- In addition to its headquarters in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, Aesica has development and manufacturing sites across Europe including Cramlington, Nottingham and Queenborough in the UK, as well as sites in Monheim and Zwickau in Germany and Pianezza in Italy.
- The vision of Aesica is to become the number one supplier of APIs and formulated products to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Aesica is a portfolio company of Silverfleet Capital, one of the leading European mid-market private equity firms, which invested in the business in October 2011.
For media enquiries, please contact Tristan Jervis on +44 (0) 207 203 6740 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.
comments powered by