WALTHAM, Mass., Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Alere Inc. (NYSE: ALR), a global leader in enabling individuals to take charge of their health through the merger of rapid diagnostics and health information solutions, today announced that Alere will demonstrate its Connected Health technologies at the HIMSS 2014 Annual Conference to help providers, payers and accountable care organizations improve care coordination, identify gaps in care, and drive healthy patient behaviors. The conference, held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL from February 23 - 27, 2014, brings together over 37,000 healthcare IT professionals, clinicians, executives and leading HIT companies from around the world. During the conference, Alere will be showcasing the Company's suite of Connected Health solutions at booth #5345.
Alere offers patient-centric, integrated healthcare IT solutions that comprehensively address big data issues and identifies critical care gaps in today's fragmented healthcare environment. While other companies address individual fragments, we connect health solutions that serve entire populations. Alere's flexible, modular architecture can easily integrate into existing workflows already in place. Our wide range of collaborative, scalable solutions support the transition to accountable care models and help meet new pay-for-performance guidelines set by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. By leveraging a scalable cloud-based architecture, Alere provides actionable information in real-time, identifying earlier interventions and helping drive positive patient behavior changes.
The Alere Platform Includes:
- Health Information Exchange
- Alere's Health Information Exchange (HIE) extracts clinical information from several different repositories and integrates that data within a single longitudinal health record that care providers can securely access.
- Real-Time Clinical Decision Support & Population Analytics
- Alere offers a single platform that integrates evidence-based decision support with robust analytics that provides healthcare practitioners with a complete view of patient data to promote more personalized treatment plans and identify potential gaps in care.
- Connected Devices
- Alere's Diagnostic Platforms are developed around proprietary biomarkers, designed for easy use in various settings, and propelled by technology that ensures the secure transmission of data.
Recent Alere Connected Health News
Alere's Clinical Quality Measures and Electronic Laboratory Reporting Receive ONC-ACB Drummond Group Certification for Meaningful Use
Alere Accountable Care Solutions
UK Collaborates with Alere to Transform Health Service Outcomes
Alere HomeLink Receives FDA Clearance for Over-the-Counter Use
If you are interested in learning more about our Connected Health technologies, please visit Alere's Health Information Solutions and for a live demonstration of our technology offerings at HIMSS 2014, please stop by Alere's booth #5345.
About Alere Inc.
By developing new capabilities in near-patient diagnosis, monitoring and health information technology, Alere enables individuals to take charge of improving their health and quality of life at home. Alere's global leading products and services, as well as its new product development efforts, focus on cardiology, infectious disease, toxicology and diabetes. Alere is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. For more information regarding Alere, please visit www.alere.com.
SOURCE Alere Inc.