News by Subject
News by Disease
News by Date
Post Your News
Job Seeker Login
Most Recent Jobs
Browse Biotech Jobs
US & Canada
Post an Event
News | News By Subject | News by Disease |
News By Date | Search News
Keith Elliston, Ph.D., Named CEO Of The tranSMART Foundation
2/18/2014 9:30:23 AM
Wakefield, Massachusetts - February 18, 2014 - ThetranSMARTFoundation, a non-profit organization providing a global, open-source knowledge management platform for scientists to share pre-competitive translational research data, today announced Keith Elliston, PhD, has been named the organization's new CEO and President. Dr. Elliston previously held the position of the Foundation's chief science officer and head of business development, and is also president of Seneca Creek Research.
"As the Foundation moves from a start-up to a more operational role, changes to the management team have been made to reflect the new activities," said Michael Braxenthaler, PhD, previously co-CEO of the Foundation. "Keith has significant experience with start-up organizations. His technology and scientific expertise combined with his business acumen make him an excellent person to lead the Foundation in its next phase."
The changes to the management team include:
- Dr. Braxenthaler will now assume the position of vice president of Industry Relations. He is also president of the Pistoia Alliance and global head strategic alliances for Roche.
- Brian Athey, PhD, previously the Foundation's co-CEO, will assume the role of chief science officer. He also holds the positions of collegiate professor and chair of the Department of Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics at the University of Michigan Medical School.
- Kevin Smith, previously executive director of the Foundation is now community manager and secretary of the Foundation. He is also director of the University of Michigan Medical School.
- Ashley George, PhD, will remain the treasurer of the Foundation. He is also the CFO/treasurer of the Pistoia Alliance and global head of IT Lite and global director of Innovation and Consumerization Centre of Excellence for GlaxoSmithKline.
- Yike Guo, PhD, will continue as the chief technology officer. He is also professor and director at Data Science Institute at Imperial College of London and chief innovation officer for IDBS.
"We thank our co-founders, Drs. Athey and Braxenthaler, for their strong leadership in launching the Foundation and for their continued involvement as the organization continues to prosper and grow," said Dr. Elliston. "In just a few short years, they have built a solid open-source platform and a dedicated user community that we can now take to the next level of growth."
About The tranSMART Foundation
The tranSMART Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides an open-source, cloud-based, data-sharing and analysis platform that enables scientists at universities, disease foundations, pharmaceutical companies, and government agencies around the world to share pre-competitive data in a way that saves money and time in translating research findings into new therapies and diagnostic tools. Founded to steward the tranSMART platform, the Foundation is headquartered in Wakefield, Massachusetts with Centers of Excellence in Ann Arbor, Mich.; London, England; Boston, Mass.; and Amsterdam, Netherlands. The tranSMART Foundation can also be found on the web at www.tranSMARTFoundation.org.
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.