SLAS Asia Honorary Advisory Board Announced
12/6/2013 10:33:55 AM
CHICAGO – The Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS) proudly announces that 10 distinguished dignitaries have aligned themselves with the Society and its initiatives by agreeing to serve as members of the SLAS Asia Honorary Advisory Board.
Members of the SLAS Asia Honorary Advisory Board are making themselves available to advise SLAS leadership with high-level strategic vision, exceptionally informed perspective and outstanding global connectivity. The advice and counsel of the SLAS Asia Honorary Advisory Board ensures SLAS will move successfully forward across meaningful new horizons to fulfill its educational mission in Asia.
“SLAS has an important and growing presence in Asia,” says SLAS President Jeff Paslay. “We are grateful that our Society and its initiatives have gained the trust and support of these eminent and influential scientific leaders.”
Members of the SLAS Asia Honorary Advisory Board are:
- Martina Bielefeld Sévigny, Vice President and General Manager, Asia Pacific Sales, Life Science and Technology, PerkinElmer, Shanghai, China
- Shiyi Chen, Vice President for Research, Peking University, Beijing, China
- Jing Cheng, Cheung Kong Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tsinghua University School of Medicine; Director, National Engineering Research Center for Beijing Biochip Technologies; Chief Executive Officer, CapitalBio Corporation; Member, Chinese Academy of Engineering; Beijing, China
- Qiang Lu, Chief Scientific Officer, Yangzijiang River Pharmaceuticals Group; General Manager, Shanghai Haiyan Pharmaceutical Technology Company, Shanghai, China
- Xuehai Tan, Chief Executive Officer and President, Hd Biosciences Corporation, Shanghai, China
- Cun-Yu Wang, Associate Dean for Graduate Studies, No-Hee Park Endowed Professor and Chair, Division of Oral Biology and Medicine, University of California; Member, Institute of Medicine; Los Angeles, USA
- Ming-Wei Wang, Director, National Center for Drug Screening and the Chinese National Compound Library; Professor, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
- Nathan Zhang, Chief Executive Officer, Sinocro, Tianjin, China
- Xiang Zhang, Ernest S. Kuh Endowed Chair, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, Calif., USA
- Zhong Zhong, Senior Director, Head of NeuroInflammation Discovery Performance Unit, GlaxoSmithKline (China) R&D, Shanghai, China
SLAS momentum in Asia has been growing steadily since 2011 when SLAS launched a Standard Mandarin Language version of its website (www.asia-slas.org) and established a member services office in Shanghai, China, to enhance educational services and make active participation easier for SLAS members in the region. In October, 2013, SLAS announced the formation of the SLAS Asia Council to facilitate regional planning and decision-making.
For more information, visit www.slas.org or contact SLAS Global Headquarters at +1.877.990.SLAS (5727) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS) is an international community of more than 15,000 individual scientists, engineers, researchers, technologists and others from academic, government and commercial laboratories. The SLAS mission is to be the preeminent global organization providing forums for education and information exchange and to encourage the study of, and improve the practice of laboratory science and technology. For more information, visit www.SLAS.org.
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.