Bayer HealthCare (BAY) Launches Eight New Products To Treat Flea And Tick Infestations
3/12/2014 10:41:29 AM
ORLANDO, Fla., March 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Bayer HealthCare LLC Animal Health division today launched eight new flea and/or tick treatment and control solutions to be sold at pet specialty retail stores, adding to its existing line of flea and/or tick prevention and treatment products. The announcement was made at Global Pet Expo, the pet industry's largest annual trade show, in Orlando, FL. Four of these products - Advantage® Treatment Spray for dogs, Advantage® Treatment Spray for cats, Advantage® Treatment Shampoo for dogs, and Advantage® Treatment Shampoo for cats - provide pet owners with an array of pest treatment options. Bayer's new Advantage Household Spot & Crevice Spray, Advantage Carpet & Upholstery Spot Spray, and Advantage Household Fogger kill indicated pests in the home, while Advantage Yard & Premise Spray kills pests in the yard and around the house.
"At Bayer, we know how much pet owners love their dogs and cats and that includes helping protect them against fleas and ticks," said Dave Van Brunt, vice president, Companion Animal Products Marketing, Bayer HealthCare LLC Animal Health division, North America. "Bayer's new flea and tick treatment and control products, coupled with Bayer's existing product line, provide dog or cat owners with an integrated approach to treating pests on their pet, and in their home and yard."
In addition to these eight new products, Bayer also introduced the Bayer Pest Solution Center, an engaging display in pet specialty retail stores that educates pet owners about pest prevention so they can choose the Bayer flea and/or tick products that are right for their dogs or cats and, now, for their home and premises, as well. The products within the Bayer Pest Solution Center are organized into three categories: Prevent, Treat, Control. The prevention section comprises three Bayer flagship lines K9 Advantix® II, Seresto® and Advantage® II - while the treatment and control sections feature Bayer's new products. Bayer is also supporting pet specialty retailers with training modules and toolkits for employees to enable them to help their customers.
"Not all pet owners understand the importance of preventing pests on their dog or cat until they have a problem," said Paris Revoir, DVM, Pet Specialty national training manager, Bayer HealthCare LLC Animal Health division. "The Bayer Pest Solution Center organizes our full range of pet, home and yard products so that consumers can easily find the Bayer flea or tick solutions that best suit their needs."
The Bayer Pest Solution Center
Bayer's new in-store display features the following products:
- Prevention products:
- K9 Advantix®II provides broad-spectrum protection for dogs against fleas, ticks and mosquitoes.
- Seresto®for dogsoffers the performance you expect from a flea and tick topical in an easy-to-use, eight-month collar.
- Seresto®for catsoffers the performance you expect from a flea and tick topical in an easy-to-use, eight-month collar.
- Advantage®II for dogs prevents fleas on treated dogs from infesting your home.
- Advantage®II for cats kills fleas through contact. Fleas don't have to bite to die.
- Treatment products:
- Advantage® Treatment Spray for dogs kills and repels fleas, ticks and lice.
- Advantage® Treatment Spray for cats kills and repels fleas, ticks and lice.
- Advantage® Treatment Shampoos for dogs kills fleas and ticks on contact.
- Advantage® Treatment Shampoos for cats kills fleas and ticks on contact.
- Control products:
- Advantage Household Spot & Crevice Spray kills fleas, brown dog ticks and dust mites, and kills and controls bed bugs.1
- Advantage Carpet & Upholstery Spot Spray kills fleas, brown dog ticks, dust mites and bed bugs.
- Advantage Household Fogger is an indoor fogger that kills fleas and pre-adult fleas, including flea eggs for 7 months.
- Advantage Yard & Premise Spray kills indicated insects around the perimeter of your home, on your deck and patio.
1 Controls adult bed bugs for up to two weeks.
About Bayer HealthCare
The Bayer Group is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech materials. Bayer HealthCare, a subgroup of Bayer AG with annual sales of EUR 18.6 billion (2012), is one of the world's leading, innovative companies in the healthcare and medical products industry and is based in Leverkusen, Germany. The company combines the global activities of the Animal Health, Consumer Care, Medical Care and Pharmaceuticals divisions. Bayer HealthCare's aim is to discover, develop, manufacture and market products that will improve human and animal health worldwide. Bayer HealthCare has a global workforce of 54,900 employees (Dec. 31, 2012) and is represented in more than 100 countries. More information at www.healthcare.bayer.com.
Find more information about Bayer HealthCare Animal Health at
Follow us on Twitter: @Bayer4animalsUS
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/healthcare.bayer
Bayer (reg'd), the Bayer Cross (reg'd), Advantage, K9 Advantix® and Seresto® are trademarks of Bayer.
This release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Bayer Group or subgroup management. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Bayer's public reports which are available on the Bayer website at www.bayer.com. The company assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conformthem to future events or developments.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140312/NY79226LOGO
SOURCE Bayer HealthCare LLC Animal Health
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume