Biotech Support Group Release: Genomic DNA Purification:100,000+ PCRs From 10 Ml Blood Using ProCipitate
1/6/2014 9:43:25 AM
MONMOUTH JUNCTION, N.J. -- A requirement of massively parallel SNP analysis is to have high quality DNA suitable for target amplifications, and prepared economically from practical blood volumes. ProPrep™ Genomic is a blood DNA purification system based upon the unique protein binding reagent, ProCipitate™. Data is presented demonstrating as little as 1-2 ng of template DNA being sufficient for a strong PCR amplicon signal. This means that theoretically 100,000+ PCR reactions, or multiples of that for multiplexed SNPs, can be obtained from one, 10 ml whole blood sample. The flexible ProPrep™ system permits the user to customize a multiple PCR or SNP strategy without regard to collecting impractical quantities of whole blood from any one individual. ProPrep™ Genomic can be also be scaled to accommodate different starting volumes. The protocol can be completed in approximately 1 hour with quantitative yields starting directly from whole blood.
For more information on ProPrep™ Genomic, Genomic 96 and ProCipitate™ article click:
Features of ProPrep™ BAC and ProPrep™ Genomic
Complete nucleic acid purification system.
Designed for 96-well direct lysis of 50ul whole blood.
Does not require reduction to buffy coat to maintain consistently reliable PCR quality Genomic and BAC DNA.
Extremely rapid and easy-to-use. Amenable to robotic automation.
Features of ProCipitate™
Non-hazardous substitute to phenol/chloroform
Removes only the contaminants & leaves DNA alone
Improves yield of DNA over alternative bind and elute systems
Adaptable to any sample size, and can be automated
Key component of the ProPrep™ line of application specific kits
About Biotech Support Group LLC
Biotech Support Group LLC is a leading provider of genomics and proteomics sample preparation products and enrichment reagent kits as well as integrated biotechnology services for life sciences research, biomarker and drug discovery. Based in New Jersey, it’s principal products include: AlbuSorb™& AlbuVoid™ for albumin depletion, Cleanascite™ for lipid adsorption and clarification, HemogloBind™ & HemoVoid™ for hemoglobin removal, NuGel™ for functional & chemical proteomics, and ProCipitate™ & ProPrep™ for nucleic acid isolation. For more information, go towww.biotechsupportgroup.com
Dr. Swapan Roy
Biotech Support Group
*For research use only
John Krupey, Ph.D., Swapan Roy, Ph.D., & Bhavin Desai. 100,000+ PCRs Possible from 10 ml Blood.
1. Composition and utility patents for ProCipitate™ and related technologies are covered under U.S. Patents Numbers 5,294,681, 5,453,493 & 5,658,779 and other patents pending.
2. Huang, G. M., et al, A High-Throughput Plasmid DNA Preparation Method, Analytical Biochem, 223:35-48, 1994.
3. Kelley, J. M., et al, High Throughput Direct End Sequencing of BAC Clones, Nucleic Acids Research, Vol.27, No. 6: 1539-1546, 1999.
4.http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/ISO9000/BIOLOGY/LIBRARIES/pig_BAC/procipitate.shtml ProCipitate Plasmid Protocol: Purification of BAC DNA.
5. Reddy, O.U.K., et al, New Dinucleotide and Trinucleotide Microsatellite Marker Resources for Cotton Genome Research, Journal of Cotton Science,5:103-113 (2001).
6. Klein, R.K., et al, High Throughput BAC DNA Isolation for Physical Map Construction of Sorghum, Plant Molecµlar Biology Reporter, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1998.
7. Miller, M.M., et al, Polymerase chain reaction identification of Mycobacterium avium in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded animal tissues, J. Vet. Diagn. Invest. 11:436-440 (1999).
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.