ISPE Announces 2013-2014 Board of Directors Election Results
10/14/2013 2:43:16 PM
(TAMPA, FLORIDA, USA, 14 OCTOBER 2013) – ISPE has announced the results of its 2013-2014 International Board of Directors election, revealing a slate of strategic leaders who represent a variety of pharmaceutical industry sectors. The Board will be responsible for the governance and strategic direction of the Society and will assume their elected positions at the 2013 ISPE Annual Meeting, 3 – 6 November in Washington, DC USA.
“ISPE is in the midst of significant growth and transitioning to guide and support the pharmaceutical industry as it addresses issues such as increasing regulatory and pricing pressures, global markets, supply chains and manufacturing innovation,” said ISPE President and CEO Nancy Berg. “I am confident that the incoming International Board of Directors will build upon the work of previous Boards and the Society’s past success and lead ISPE in its mission to support the pharmaceutical industry’s efforts to provide safe, high quality medications for patients around the world.”
The following pharmaceutical industry leaders have been elected to positions on the 2013-2014 ISPE International Board of Directors:
- Chair: Damian Greene, Global Network Strategy Lead, Global Manufacturing and Supply, Zoetis
- Vice Chair: Andy Skibo, Regional Vice President, Biologics-Supply, MedImmune/AstraZeneca
- Treasurer: Joseph Famulare, Vice President – Global Compliance and External Collaboration, Genentech
- Secretary: Mike Arnold, RPh, Business Process Owner for Investigational Products and Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, Global Clinical Supply Chain, Pfizer
- Past Chair: Charlotte Enghave Fruergaard, PhD, Partner, Global Consulting, NNE Pharmaplan
- James A. Breen, Jr., PE, LEED AP, Vice President, Worldwide Engineering and Technical Operations, Supply Chain Group, Johnson & Johnson
- Tim Howard, CPIP, PE, Vice President of Global Operations and Company Officer, Commissioning Agents, Inc.
- Mark Fitch, Senior Vice President of Global Operations, Impax Laboratories, Inc.
- Thomas Hartman, Vice President, GMP Operations, Biopharm CMC, GlaxoSmith Kline
- Robert “Bob” Matje, PE, CPIP, Senior Director of Engineering, Endo
- Christopher “Chris” Reid, CEO and Principal Consultant and Owner, Integrity Solutions Ltd.
- Fran Zipp (Sakers), Group Executive Vice President and Head of Quality Operations, Teva
In addition to those named above, Directors Jennifer Lauria Clark, CPIP, Jim Durkin, and Gordon Leichter, PhD, each of whom were elected in 2012 to serve a two-year term, will continue their service on the Board. Complete biographical information on all of ISPE’s Directors can be found at the ISPE Board of Directors webpage.
ISPE, the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering, is the world’s largest not-for-profit association serving its Members through leading scientific, technical and regulatory advancement throughout the entire pharmaceutical lifecycle. The 20,000 Members of ISPE are building solutions in the development and manufacture of safe and effective pharmaceutical and biologic medicines and medical delivery devices in more than 90 countries around the world. Founded in 1980, ISPE has its worldwide headquarters in Tampa, Florida, USA and offices in Brussels, Belgium, Singapore and Shanghai, China. Visit www.ISPE.org for more information.
For more information, contact:
ISPE Membership Marketing Communications Manager
Tel: +1-813-960-2105, ext. 277
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.