NORTH HAVEN, Conn., Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jensen Dental, a leading provider of products and services for the dental industry, today announced the release of an article reprint that outlines the key decision criteria dental laboratories should consider when selecting and implementing a CAD/CAM system for producing restorations.
The article, titled "Critical Considerations for Implementing a CAD/CAM Strategy," is authored by Don Cornell and Greg Harris and originally appeared in The Journal of Dental Technology. The article lists a wide range of business and technical criteria that dental lab owners and technicians should take into account before making the transition to digital dentistry, including:
- The pros and cons of outsourcing digital dental restorations vs. producing them in-house
- Why price should not be the sole consideration when choosing a CAD/CAM system
- The facts surrounding "open" vs. "closed" systems and what that means to your business
- Why a validated and integrated CAD/CAM system can save you time, money and frustration
- How vendor support and product education play an important role in determining success with CAD/CAM
- The wide range of innovative materials now available for dental CAD/CAM that deliver highly esthetic restorations consistently and profitably
The article reprint can be downloaded for free at: http://www.jensendental.com/digital_dentistry/education/digital_whitepaper.html
Dental laboratories interested in learning more about CAD/CAM systems and digital materials can contact Jensen Dental at 800-243-2000 or visit http://www.jensendental.com/digital_dentistry/index.html
About Jensen Dental
Jensen Dental helps dental laboratories and dentists create beautiful restorations more efficiently by offering a full suite of innovative solutions backed by world-class education and support. An international ISO 13485 certified dental product manufacturer and distributor, Jensen provides quality products and services including CAD/CAM systems and digital materials, alloys, refining, porcelain, investment, articulators, occlusal molds, furnaces, and removables. Jensen has been a trusted partner to dental lab technicians and dentists for more than 35 years. For more information, call Jensen Dental at 800 243-2000 or visit our website at http://www.jensendental.com. Follow Jensen Dental on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/jensen-dental
Joseph Carofano, General Manager
(203) 239-2090 x 2238
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Jensen Dental