FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Boston Heart Diagnostics (BHD), a pioneer in personalized diagnostics and care plans for patients with heart disease, was just named one of the top places to work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe. BHD ranked 27 out of 40 companies named in the "medium employers" category (companies employing 100 to 249). This is yet another confirmation of the company's growing stature and reputation. Last month, Boston Heart was named as a "Rising Star" winner for the Team Massachusetts Economic Impact Awards, which celebrates companies that have made outstanding contributions to the Massachusetts economy.
"We were thrilled when we were named a Rising Star winner but making it to the list of top places to work in Massachusetts is even more meaningful because it's based on feedback from our own employees," commented BHD President and CEO Susan Hertzberg. "We have experienced exponential growth over the past 12 months, moved our offices and lab, and expanded our portfolio of offerings significantly. This level of productivity is only possible when you have talented, engaged employees who work exceptionally well together and share a common commitment, vision, and values. We've been able to avoid the growing pains and angst that often plagues companies as they transition out of the start-up phase because we operate as a team. We are very fortunate to have people with top technical skills and experience, but what makes me really excited to come to work every day is our employees' dedication to making a difference in the lives of our patients and our culture of inclusiveness, trust, respect, and fun that makes Boston Heart an outstanding work environment."
To compile its annual list, the Boston Globe contracts with research partner, Workplace Dynamics of Exton, Pennsylvania, specialists in employee engagement and retention. They contacted more than 135,000 employees at 304 companies and received completed surveys from 81,907 individuals who were asked to grade their organization's performance according to 24 distinct statements, ranging from "New ideas are encouraged at this company," to "My manager makes it easier to do my job well!" All the employers were invited to complete a 10-question survey on workplace practice. To compile the ranking, each employer was measured according to six factors:
- Direction: Do employees have confidence in the leader of the organization? Do they believe it operates ethically, and is moving in the right direction?
- Execution: Do employees believe senior managers have a good understanding of what the company needs to do to succeed, and are they sharing information well? Are new ideas encouraged?
- Connection: Does the company show its appreciation for employees? Do they feel part of something meaningful and confident about their future?
- My managers: Do managers care about employees' concerns and help employees to do their job, to learn and to grow?
- My work: Does the company offer formal training, encourage different points of view, offer people with a wide variety of backgrounds other opportunities to learn and grow? Does the company help workers to balance career and family life?
- My pay and benefits: Are workers fairly compensated with good benefits?
About Boston Heart Diagnostics (BostonHeartDiagnostics.com)
Boston Heart Diagnostics focuses solely on cardiovascular disease the number one cause of death in the United States. We offer clients an unparalleled combination of proprietary tests, actionable information, and dedicated service and support partnering with healthcare providers so they can provide the best CVD patient care possible. There's much more to cardiovascular disease than "good" (HDL) and "bad" (LDL) cholesterol. Studies show that traditional statin drug therapy to lower LDL-C reduces the relative risk of heart attack by only 25%. BHD, established in 2007, targets the 75% relative risk for a cardiovascular event that remains AFTER lowering LDL cholesterol. Our proprietary algorithm analyzes test results in light of relevant patient history and the latest peer-reviewed scientific data to produce personalized reports and plans that include specific therapeutic and lifestyle strategies tailored for each individual patient. When it comes to CVD management, Boston Heart Diagnostics is leading the charge to turn the promise of personalized medicine into a reality.
Media contact: Caroline Grossman -- 781.771.5579 -- email@example.com
SOURCE Boston Heart Diagnostics