ISPE Announces 2012-2013 Board of Directors Election Results
10/17/2012 1:10:40 PM
TAMPA, Fla., Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- ISPE has announced the results of its 2012-2013 International Board of Directors election, revealing a slate of representatives that hail from nearly every corner of the globe.
"2013 will be a year of continued transformation for ISPE, as we align our traditional position as the pharmaceutical industry's neutral ground upon which to resolve technical issues with a necessary transition to a focus that encompasses the complete product lifecycle," said ISPE President and CEO Nancy Berg. "I am confident that the incoming International Board of Directors will build upon the work of previous Boards and the Society's past success to lead ISPE in its mission to help advance the pharmaceutical industry's efforts to provide safer, more affordable and more available drugs for patients around the world."
The following pharmaceutical industry professionals have been elected to positions on the 2012-2013 ISPE International Board of Directors:
- Chair: Charlotte Enghave Fruergaard, Director of Technology/Process, NNE Pharmaplan Denmark.
- Vice Chair: Damian Greene, Senior Director Network Strategy, Pfizer Global Supply.
- Treasurer: Brian H. Lange, PE, Operations Director/PMO, North American Operations and Merck Consumer Care, Merck & Co, Inc.
- Secretary: Andrew D. Skibo, Executive Vice President, Operations, MedImmune.
- Past Chair:Arthur "Randy" Perez, Director, IT Risk Management and Compliance, Novartis Pharmaceuticals.
- Joseph Famulare, Senior Director, Global Quality Compliance and External Collaboration, Genentech.
- Gordon Leichter, Eastern Regional Sales Manager, Belimed.
- Mike Arnold, Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships, Pfizer.
- Jennifer Lauria Clark, CPIP, Technical Services Project Manager, Commissioning Agents, Inc.
- Jim Durkin, Project Manager, United Kingdom National Health Service.
In addition to those named above, Directors James A. Breen, Jr., PE, LEED AP, Tim Howard, CPIP, PE,Doyle R. Johnson, Morten Stenkilde, andUdo J. Vetter, each of whom were elected in 2011 to serve a two-year term, will continue their service on the Board. Complete biographical information on all of ISPE's Directors can be found at the ISPE Board of Directors web page.
ISPE, the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering, is the world's largest not-for-profit association serving its Members through leading scientific, technical and regulatory advancement throughout the entire pharmaceutical lifecycle. The 20,000 Members of ISPE are building solutions in the development and manufacture of safe and effective pharmaceutical and biologic medicines and medical delivery devices in more than 90 countries around the world. Founded in 1980, ISPE has its worldwide headquarters in Tampa, Florida, USA and offices in Brussels, Belgium, Singapore and Shanghai, China. Visit www.ISPE.org for more information.
For more information contact:
ISPE Communications Manager
Tel: +1-813-960-2105, ext. 277