Print

"Popcorn Lung" Lawsuit Nets $7.2M Award  
9/20/2012 9:05:46 AM

Wayne Watson’s love of popcorn almost turned deadly after he developed respiratory problems in 2007 known as “popcorn lung.” Watson, a Denver native, says he ate about two bags of popcorn everyday for 10 years, and developed the rare disease possibly from inhaling the artificial butter smell of the microwave popcorn. On Wednesday, Watson won a $7.2 million verdict against Gilster-Mary Lee Corp., The Kroger Co. and Dillon Companies Inc., for his illness.
//-->