WASHINGTON, June 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Vanda) (NASDAQ: VNDA), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of products for the treatment of central nervous system disorders, today announced that the Company will present five posters during the scientific session at SLEEP 2012 on Monday, June 11. The data presented on the posters are from Vanda's ongoing Phase III program for tasimelteon, a circadian regulator being evaluated to treat totally blind individuals with Non-24-Hour Disorder.
The following posters will be presented on Monday, June 11, beginning at 5:00 p.m. in the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts.
1. Title: Timing and Duration of Nap Episodes are Coincident with Melatonin Acrophase
Authors: Schreffler ER, Licamele L, Dressman MA, Feeney J, Polymeropoulos MH
2. Title: Significant Sleep Impairment in Totally Blind Individuals with N24HSWD
Authors: Torres R, Licamele L, Feeney J, Dressman MA, Polymeropoulos MH
3. Title: Seventy Percent of Totally Blind People with Sleep Complaints Are Not Entrained to
the 24 Hour Clock
Authors: Dressman MA, Licamele L, Feeney J, Polymeropoulos MH
4. Title: Pleiomorphic Expression of N24HSWD in the Totally Blind
Authors: Licamele L, Dressman M, Feeney J, Polymeropoulos MH
5. Title: A National Registry of Totally Blind Individuals With Sleep-Wake Complaints
Authors: Gallagher A, Lavedan C
The posters will be archived for 30 days on Vanda's website at www.vandapharma.com.
About Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of products for the treatment of central nervous system disorders. For more on Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit http://www.vandapharma.com.
Senior Communications Manager
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
SOURCE Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.