REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - September 22, 2011) -
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL
- Continuing its commitment to supporting industry standards that help healthcare organizations improve efficiency, care and patient outcomes, Oracle Healthcare announced that it has successfully completed interoperability testing with Continua Health Alliance.
- During the testing, components of Oracle Fusion Middleware demonstrated the ability to securely manage and integrate data from multiple Continua-certified devices.
- As a result, organizations deploying Continua-certified devices gain assurance that Oracle Fusion Middleware provides a proven foundation for their data-driven business applications and analytics.
- Oracle is a member of Continua Health Alliance, a non-profit, open industry organization of healthcare and technology companies that collaborate to improve the quality of personal healthcare. The Alliance operates a testing and certification program that assures healthcare organizations and IT professionals that Continua-certified products are proven to be interoperable -- a key requirement for realizing the organization's vision of creating an integrated and secure system of personal connected health solutions.
- The completion of Continua Health Alliance interoperability testing follows on the heels of Oracle's participation in the 2011 Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) North American Connectathon, during which Oracle software demonstrated the ability to quickly interoperate with other IHE-compliant applications.
- "Oracle has long understood the role of IT standards and interoperability in realizing the vision of connected healthcare in which individuals are empowered, through technology, to better manage their health and wellness," said Marc Perlman, global vice president, Healthcare and Life Sciences, Oracle Healthcare. "We are pleased to be demonstrating the interoperability of our solutions through our participation in Continua Health Alliance and look forward to expanding our work with the organization."
- "We value Oracle's Continua Health Alliance participation and its commitment to developing innovative, standards-based solutions that deliver the interoperability that today's healthcare organizations require," said Chuck Parker, executive director, Continua Health Alliance. "Industry-wide cooperation is essential to advancing the Alliance's goal of creating an integrated and secure system of personal connected health solutions that drives improved care and outcomes."
Oracle is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.