REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - May 04, 2011) -
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL
- Oracle today announced several technical and feature enhancements to Oracle Clinical, Oracle Remote Data Capture and Oracle Thesaurus Management System, which help clinical trial sponsors and contract research organizations (CROs) launch and conduct global clinical trials more efficiently and effectively.
- The latest releases help life sciences organizations and CROs increase productivity and flexibility through multiple feature upgrades including:
- Improved study design capabilities in Oracle Clinical and Oracle Remote Data Capture streamline the creation and management of flexible trials. New features enable differentiated schedules and assessments for varying disease states, as well as dynamic case report forms (CRF) based on patient responses and progress.
- Support for long comments and narratives within Oracle Remote Data Capture allows users to more completely document serious adverse events and case histories. In addition to providing more comprehensive information for greater insight, the extended text fields are fully audited with date and time stamps, the modifying user, reason for change and included in the Patient Data Report supporting audit and compliance requirements.
- In addition to the feature enhancements, Oracle Clinical, Oracle Remote Data Capture and Oracle Thesaurus Management System now run on Oracle Database 11g. The solutions have also been certified for use with Oracle VM, so customers can reduce costs by taking advantage of the latest in virtualization technology. In addition, they've been certified with Oracle Active Data Guard, which ensures high availability of critical clinical trial data, as well as reducing the potential for data loss in the event of a disaster.
- Oracle Clinical also integrates seamlessly with Oracle's Siebel Clinical Trial Management System using an Oracle Application Infrastructure Architecture process integration pack (PIP).
- "Clinical trial sponsors continue to seek new levels of efficiency and flexibility in setting up and managing trials. The latest versions of Oracle Clinical and Oracle Remote Data Capture reinforce Oracle's commitment to delivering feature rich, easy-to-navigate and scalable solutions that help to enhance user productivity and increase overall trial efficiency," said Neil de Crescenzo, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences.
Oracle is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.