Generex Biotechnology Corporation (GNBT) Provides Additional Details for October 21st Live Video Webcast
10/20/2010 7:48:37 AM
WORCESTER, Mass., Oct. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Generex Biotechnology Corporation (www.generex.com) today announced additional details for its live video webcast scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, October 21, 2010, in New York City.
Joining Mark Fletcher, the Company's Interim President & Chief Executive Officer, for the webcast will be:
- Dr. Craig Eagle, a member of the Company's Scientific Advisory Board. Dr. Eagle currently serves as Vice-President of Strategic Alliances and Partnerships for the oncology business unit at Pfizer, Inc.
- Dr. Jerry Bernstein, the Company's Vice-President for Medical Affairs. Dr. Bernstein is a past President of the American Diabetes Association, an attending physician at Beth Israel Medical Centre, physician emeritus at Lenox Hill Hospital and Montefiore Medical Centre, both in New York City, and a member of the Board of Directors of the American Diabetes Association Research Foundation.
- Dr. Joseph Rubinfeld, a member of the Company's Scientific Advisory Board (via telephone). Dr. Rubinfeld is a founder of Amgen Inc. and SuperGen, Inc.
- Dr. Eric von Hofe, President of the Company's wholly-owned immunotherapeutic vaccines subsidiary, Antigen Express, Inc. (www.antigenexpress.com).
- George Markus, Vice-President of Regulatory & Scientific Affairs.
- Robert S. Shea, President & Chief Executive Officer of Global Medical Direct, LLC.
- Dr. David Brusegard, a consultant to the Company in respect of the insurance and reimbursement and the integration of the Company and Global Medical Direct, LLC.
Senior executives are available for media and analyst interviews prior and post the live event. Please contact Bradley Smith to schedule 917.680.6011 or email@example.com
About Generex Biotechnology Corporation
Generex is engaged in the research, development, and commercialization of drug delivery systems and technologies. Generex has developed a proprietary platform technology for the delivery of drugs into the human body through the oral cavity (with no deposit in the lungs). The Company's proprietary liquid formulations allow drugs typically administered by injection to be absorbed into the body by the lining of the inner mouth using the Company's proprietary RapidMist device. The Company's buccal insulin spray product, Generex Oral-lyn, which has been approved in India, Lebanon, Algeria, and Ecuador for the treatment of subjects with Type-1 and Type-2 diabetes, is in Phase III clinical trials at several sites around the world. Antigen Express, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Generex. The core platform technologies of Antigen Express comprise immunotherapeutic vaccines for the treatment of malignant, infectious, allergic, and autoimmune diseases. For more information, visit the Generex website at www.generex.com or the Antigen Express website at www.antigenexpress.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This release and oral statements made from time to time by Generex representatives in respect of the same subject matter may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements can be identified by introductory words such as "expects," "plans," "intends," "believes," "will," "estimates," "forecasts," "projects," or words of similar meaning, and by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historical or current facts. Forward-looking statements frequently are used in discussing potential product applications, potential collaborations, product development activities, clinical studies, regulatory submissions and approvals, and similar operating matters. Many factors may cause actual results to differ from forward-looking statements, including inaccurate assumptions and a broad variety of risks and uncertainties, some of which are known and others of which are not. Known risks and uncertainties include those identified from time to time in the reports filed by Generex with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which should be considered together with any forward-looking statement. No forward-looking statement is a guarantee of future results or events, and one should avoid placing undue reliance on such statements. Generex undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Generex cannot be sure when or if it will be permitted by regulatory agencies to undertake additional clinical trials or to commence any particular phase of clinical trials. Because of this, statements regarding the expected timing of clinical trials or ultimate regulatory approval cannot be regarded as actual predictions of when Generex will obtain regulatory approval for any "phase" of clinical trials or when it will obtain ultimate regulatory approval by a particular regulatory agency. Generex claims the protection of the safe harbor for forward-looking statements that is contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act.
SOURCE Generex Biotechnology Corporation